• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Would you settle for a 6700xt?

LWH

LWH

Associate
Frankly I’m getting bored of not having a PC, and the prevalence of 6700s about the place is making my mouth water at the prospect of having something rather than nothing.

My last GPU was the 5700xt which served me well until I foolishly sold it when I hadn’t been using my rig, and it looks like I’d get a small performance boost and potentially a larger one when Fidelity FSR comes out on the 6700 (I play on 3440x1440).

There isn’t much chat about them on here so I’d be interested as to what people are saying. As I say bored of waiting and I know I’ll be overpaying, but at least I can buy them from a retailer.

Looking forward to hearing your opinions.

L

Last edited:

kar

kar

Associate
I had one briefly and performance wise it was perfect. If you can get one circa £400-450 and it doesn't have coil whine it'll see you until the next gen cards come.

Associate
If I had no PC I'd probably settle for one, as I already have a 1080Ti I'm still holding out for a 3080 FE.
DLSS is the main thing stopping me upgrading to an AMD card as kinda need it for high refresh rate 4K gaming.

LWH

LWH

Associate
OP
I had one briefly and performance wise it was perfect. If you can get one circa £400-450 and it doesn't have coil whine it'll see you until the next gen cards come.
That’s what I’m thinking. Ball park is £700-750 right now with regular stock so fingers crossed it will steadily drop over the next month or so for when I’m ready to pull the trigger to put a new build together.

Associate
At current prices it just seems a bad deal.

What GPU do you have currently? Are you able to play any games at all?

If you literally have nothing to play on, then maybe its worth it. If you have even a GTX970 or similar... id just play some old games to see you through the summer.

With people slowly getting back out, going on holiday etc they have other things to spend money on. There is hope this might improve the situation.
The fact these 6700's are sticking around in stock so long should give some indication that things are getting a little better at least.

Soldato
That’s what I’m thinking. Ball park is £700-750 right now with regular stock so fingers crossed it will steadily drop over the next month or so for when I’m ready to pull the trigger to put a new build together.

Shopping about for a Gigabyte Gaming OC 6700XT now selling a little over £700. I recently caved purchased a Red Devil 6700XT and impressed with it's performance, just not the prices.

Caporegime
Frankly I’m getting bored of not having a PC, and the prevalence of 6700s about the place is making my mouth water at the prospect of having something rather than nothing.

My last GPU was the 5700xt which served me well until I foolishly sold it when I hadn’t been using my rig, and it looks like I’d get a small performance boost and potentially a larger one when Fidelity FSR comes out on the 6700 (I play on 3440x1440).

There isn’t much chat about them on here so I’d be interested as to what people are saying. As I say bored of waiting and I know I’ll be overpaying, but at least I can buy them from a retailer.

Looking forward to hearing your opinions.

L
I found a benchmark video on YouTube which shows the performance difference vs the 5700 XT.

It can be anywhere around 25-60% faster depending on the game, on average seems about 40%+ faster.

Some of the more recent games show larger increases in performance vs the older titles.

LWH

LWH

Associate
OP
I need G sync and want DLSS so wouldn't pick an AMD card.
My monitor has neither Freesync or Gsync as it’s not really gaming focused so is a non-issue for me. Are you not tempted by Fidelity FSR?

I found a benchmark video on YouTube which shows the performance difference vs the 5700 XT.

It can be anywhere around 25-60% faster depending on the game, on average seems about 40%+ faster.

Some of the more recent games show larger increases in performance vs the older titles.
I hadn’t seen this, I’ll have a look

Associate
i was on a rx5700 non xt and the rx6700xt is massivly faster and runs everything I need at 1440p with no issues

even things like a v1 hitting in BFV doesnt cause a stutter or affect the frames

Soldato
I'm considering at 6700XT as with the prices online it looks like I could sell my 5700XT and upgrade for basically zero cost. Which is bonkers.

That said, the 3070Ti is coming tomorrow and I'd probably rather have one of those... but who knows how expensive and what stock there will be.

Soldato
If you are gaming at 1080p 1440p then it is an excellent card but at £700 you would need to be desperate IMHO. I have a 6700 XT Fighter in a spare PC that cost me £450 and at that price I can say it is a good GPU.

LWH

LWH

Associate
OP
i was on a rx5700 non xt and the rx6700xt is massivly faster and runs everything I need at 1440p with no issues

even things like a v1 hitting in BFV doesnt cause a stutter or affect the frames
Thanks for the point about Battlefield as it’s probably the main game I’ll play. Not sure how demanding BF6 will be but I can’t imagine it will be too much more.
I'm considering at 6700XT as with the prices online it looks like I could sell my 5700XT and upgrade for basically zero cost. Which is bonkers.

That said, the 3070Ti is coming tomorrow and I'd probably rather have one of those... but who knows how expensive and what stock there will be.
That’s the point, in an ideal world I’d take a 3080 or 6800/xt but I’m over waiting and clicking on sold out links so this would hopefully bide me over a generation or 2. If I went through with buying now, I might look at the RDNA 3 stuff that’s potentially coming out Q4 of 2022 or beyond.

@Gibbo how does your side of things look in terms of pricing for the 6700s. Are your distros likely to drop prices seeing as there is so much stock floating around or will it stick around where it is. Hope you don’t mind checking your glass ball!

LWH

LWH

Associate
OP
If you are gaming at 1080p 1440p then it is an excellent card but at £700 you would need to be desperate IMHO. I have a 6700 XT Fighter in a spare PC that cost me £450 and at that price I can say it is a good GPU.
I wouldn’t ever say I was desperate for computer parts, however the desire to move beyond the faff of waiting for drops is definitely getting old

Soldato
That’s the point, in an ideal world I’d take a 3080 or 6800/xt but I’m over waiting and clicking on sold out links so this would hopefully bide me over a generation or 2. If I went through with buying now, I might look at the RDNA 3 stuff that’s potentially coming out Q4 of 2022 or beyond.

Yeah I totally understand, I did the same thing with a gaming laptop recently as I was fed up waiting for the perfect deal. Sometimes you just gotta go for it. The 6700XT appears to be around 3% slower than the 3070 in this TechSpot review and around 30% faster than the 5700XT overall, which is really not bad at all given that one can actually buy one :D - https://www.techspot.com/review/2216-amd-radeon-6700-xt/

Associate
Thanks for the point about Battlefield as it’s probably the main game I’ll play. Not sure how demanding BF6 will be but I can’t imagine it will be too much more.

@Gibbo how does your side of things look in terms of pricing for the 6700s. Are your distros likely to drop prices seeing as there is so much stock floating around or will it stick around where it is. Hope you don’t mind checking your glass ball!

I cant imagine battlefield 6 being any more demanding they need to keep the audiance as broad as possible to build a playerbase especialy if they have a battle royal mode

and frostbyte is much more optimised than the crappy Cod engine

Associate

thats pretty much what I did

Associate
I wouldn’t ever say I was desperate for computer parts, however the desire to move beyond the faff of waiting for drops is definitely getting old
Fully understand but I'd recommend waiting a bit longer for a better deal.

If you are going to buy the 6700XT, check out more than just a couple of reviews. There'll be a lot of new 3070 Ti reviews published today and many will include the 6700XT.

Back
Top Bottom