Would you think this was weird / threatening?

Soldato
Would you think it was weird or threatening if you saw a bloke in his 30s walking around town / the local hillside / public parks at between 12 am and 3 am with a torch?

I want to start doing some exercise, and for personal reasons, I'd like to do it when no one is around so doing it at night makes perfect sense but a couple of people I have talked to have thought I might look like a criminal to residents/police.

Soldato
Stick on a high-vis vest too and it would become less so - as it would be apparent you're not actively trying not to be noticed.

Soldato
Stick on a high-vis vest too and it would become less so - as it would be apparent you're not actively trying not to be noticed.

This, plus a head torch as already mentioned.

Check out cyclist gear as there is some very highly reflective stuff around that seems to light up very brightly with car headlights. Drivers at those times are likely not expecting to see anyone, so for your own safety being highly visible would be wise.

Soldato
Would you think it was weird or threatening if you saw a bloke in his 30s walking around town / the local hillside / public parks at between 12 am and 3 am with a torch?

I want to start doing some exercise, and for personal reasons, I'd like to do it when no one is around so doing it at night makes perfect sense but a couple of people I have talked to have thought I might look like a criminal to residents/police.

Not particularly. Just don't carry a shovel or large bin bags whilst you do it.

Also, good luck with the exercise.

Associate
I would assume you're another cat owner getting rid of live mice that were brought in as a gift.
That's why I'm found in the park late at night...

Caporegime
So you want to go jogging at the early hours and wondering if it's threatening for people to be out in public places in the early hours?

he doesn't mention jogging or running but walking.

which is unusual

"if you saw a bloke in his 30s walking around town / the local hillside / public parks at between 12 am and 3 am with a torch?

I want to start doing some exercise, and for personal reasons, I'd like to do it when no one is around"

he must look like elephant man or be 40 stone or something.

Back
Top Bottom