Wow: Bored with priest... what next?

Soldato
Opinions invited.

I've got my Undead Priest up to level 47, got my mount, nearly at 300 tailoring and enchanting. But now I'm bored.

I've played a little with some of the other races and classes but I'm looking to start a new full time character.

What in your experience has been the most interesting/fun class and profession combo to play and why? Also your favourite race and why?

Thanks

J.

Associate
I liked my Druid, it was a healer druid but I liked how it could also do other things, unlike the priest. You may find it boring though since you didn't like the priest. I had tried a mage too and found it boring, I think perhaps I just dislike pure caster classes. Perhaps you should try to play a hybrid or a caster class with a twist (ie warlock)?

Associate
I levelled a priest to 60 and got bored to death with healing.

Rolled myself a little gnome warlock who is now 51 and it's the most fun i've ever had in the game. Always wanted in groups and fantastic in pvp

Permabanned
I went from priest to warrior. I find tanking fun, but it's more stressful than healing. Warrior is kinda fun in mass PvP but really crap 1 on 1. There isn't really a single class that warrior dominates tbh. I could just suck, but it seems that way. :p

Anyway, no one can tell you what you're gonna find fun. Maybe roll a damage dealing class if you are bored of healing, but bear in mind that they can be just as boring in PvE, pretty much just targeting a mob and pressing 1 or 2 buttons until it's dead.

Last edited:
Associate
Warlock can be a very rewarding class to play, there's a lot of micromanagement involved however; keeping track of dots, curses, debuffs etc.

Bry

Bry

Associate
From my experience i would stay away from hunters as there are often a lot of hunters which can make it hard to get into a guild.

While only playing a lock to level 10 i found it to be one of the best classes as a lot of micromanagment and can be a very fulfilling class that you wont easily get bored of.
However, my best advice is to roll any class and play it to level 10 and see what you think. Most people can get a class to level 10 in a day or 2 and by this time you should be able to tell if it is the class for you or not.

Soldato
Duskcrawler said:
I levelled a priest to 60 and got bored to death with healing.

Why didn't you just respec to full shadow? Shadow is gonna own in BC aswell, was gonna respec to holy myself when I hit 60 but now I think i'll stay shadow.

Soldato
R34P3R said:
Why didn't you just respec to full shadow? Shadow is gonna own in BC aswell, was gonna respec to holy myself when I hit 60 but now I think i'll stay shadow.

I'm going to have to fork out 10g to go shadow again for the expansion because I doubt it will be any easier for a holy priest to level :(.

As far as the best class, only you can decide. I hate playing melee but really enjoy casters. I have a friend who will only play melee and a boyfriend who prefers hunters and warlocks over everything else. You really need to just try out different classes and make up your own mind.

Associate
Amazes me they barely touch the holy/disc trees and don't address the important issue of giving priests a mana regen talent, such as the 15% regen whilst casting on the 3 piece tier 1 prophecy set.

But they give the shadow tree a HEAL. One of the most powerful 1v1 classes in the game, and it gets a damned heal.

Granted the game isn't about 1v1 PvP and I pre empt myself because the BC talents aren't final yet, but still... Jesus christ.

Associate
Don't mean to be picky but:

The current 15% regen bonus is a 3 piece tier 2 (trans) bonus. Arguably the best bonus on any armour, it's stopping me from switching fully to tier 3 at the moment.

We also currently have a 15% in combat regen talent in the disc tree and always have done - meditation.

Concerning TBC - the shadow tree is certainly very powerful and will do a lot of PVP damage. Lacks the longevity for use in a serious pve situation though.

Associate
Teley said:
Don't mean to be picky but:

The current 15% regen bonus is a 3 piece tier 2 (trans) bonus. Arguably the best bonus on any armour, it's stopping me from switching fully to tier 3 at the moment.

We also currently have a 15% in combat regen talent in the disc tree and always have done - meditation.

Concerning TBC - the shadow tree is certainly very powerful and will do a lot of PVP damage. Lacks the longevity for use in a serious pve situation though.

I stand corrected on the Transcendance.

I did factor in meditation, if you want to crunch numbers when you compare spirit, mana/5 seconds and the 5 second regen casting rule to the abilities of say; Evocation, Mana Tide, Innervate.

Granted yes, they have cooldowns, buy you'll find it sorely lacking in comparison.

Spirit doesn't compare to mana/5. A lot of priests will keep the Trans 3 piece purely for that bonus.

Wouldn't touch shadow in pve, the mana cost as well as debuff limitations cripple it completely for any long fight. I was primarily concerned about giving what is possibly the strongets class in a 1v1 situation, barring possibly the warlock, a "buff" as it were. The tree didn't need a damned heal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom