WoW Burning Crusade PVP Changes

Soldato
Does anyone know what will happen to the PVP faction rep when BC hits?

I'm currently working towards exalted with the Defilers, and was wondering if all this will be wiped out like the pvp honour rank system when BC is released

I've looked on the official forums, but finding anything on there in amongst all the flaming is pretty damn difficult :(

Soldato
From what i undertsand they are wiping everyones honor points and rank to 0.
Buying items from the PVP vendors is changing from gold for items to honor points for items, Reputation will stay the same but even if you are exalted you wont be able to buy any items untill you have enough honor points

Associate
wordy said:
Typical I worked it out that I'd get exalted shortly after BC was released in early Novemeber :mad:

very much doubt it will be out in Nov, they are still on the alpha stage although they are close to starting the closed beta

Soldato
OP
Jimmyboyo said:
Your rep with all the battlegrounds will be wiped, but you get to keep the items you've already bought before TBC.

Hmmm, so if I buy the defilers plate spaulders (for example ) now, even tho I'm still only revered I'll be able to use them after the expansion?

Soldato
So you could have spent 3 months throwing your life away to get rep and honour rank and be literally days away from rank 14 and they are going to wipe your rank to 0. Well thats awesome news.

Just another nail in the coffin of 'why bother with pvp at all.'

Picked this up agian after a break and wondering why i bothered. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Slow down. It's reasonable because it's not gonna work the way it currently is anymore. You no longer have to compete against everyone else on a ladder; honor is now acquired as currency, with which you buy PvP gear. That's all it simply is. Much better. No reputation or long grinding needed.

Soldato
On a couple of the popular DVD/games sites it says BC will be out around 10 November. Is this not true?

Also when the expansion comes out will there be brand new servers that people cant transfer their characters on to?

Soldato
weringo said:
On a couple of the popular DVD/games sites it says BC will be out around 10 November. Is this not true?

Blizzard haven't released a date yet, so I wouldn't believe any proposed dates you've seen on third party sites.

Soldato
They will release it when its fully ready. Cant see any release date being a problem. Lets face it 99% of people who have an account is going to buy it regardless of wether its before or after christmas.

Wouldnt be surprised if it turns out to be a January/February release.

Soldato
Edinho said:
Just another nail in the coffin of 'why bother with pvp at all.'

For fun perhaps? Not everyone does PvP to get the best items and to boast about how they can "own so and so rogue in WSG" etc etc.

Don
I would still expect it out before Xmas (maybe not November, but early December), even if there is substantial changes, they could still have all the CDs printed up and just have a patch download come release.

Jokester

Associate
does it have more updated GFX ? Not that the original is bad but its old compared to latest games, so just wondered. Mind you I`ve just started playing it and its pretty good. Not as addictive as some would say, I can take it or leave it :p

Back
Top Bottom