WoW Burning Crusade PVP Changes

Associate
That made me smile, me and a friend are currently levelling new characters and taking our time to enjoy the pre 60 content. I am happy that there will be no need to do zg/mc/bwl/aq after the expansion which is when we will reach 60 more than likely.

Soldato
KNiVES said:
So you'd rather this hideous system stays just because some people have spent months on it? Well unfortunately what's done has been done, and it is better to rectify the system before even more people have to spend 4-5 solid months of pvp.

If you don't like it, then all means, please click 'cancel subscription'. More bandwidth for those who like the changes :)

/sigh

If you read my post you see i dont like the ranking system.....

The only thing am trying to say is..

People who have spent time working on their ranks should be awarded honor tokens for the new system...

Soldato
Zeppelin said:
If raiders' gear is being made obsolete, why shouldn't PvPers'?
Gona be my last post for this topic.

Your gear is not obsolete... It still be better than a lot of the blues thats you will get when lvling up to 70. And you will need your epic gear with high Res to do the new instants to get your lvl 70 gear....
This being one of the reason i left wow its a never ending story of upgrading Gear :D

Permabanned
Another interesting change is that Blizzard plan to double player stamina pools whilst not doubling their damage output. This means that fights will last a lot longer and there won't be any more two shotting people.

As a rogue player, a class which is notorious for two shotting in PvP, you might be suprised to hear that I'm glad about this change. It means that fights will require a lot more thought, skill and tactics...etc The distance between poor/average players and skilled players will become even greater, which can only be a good thing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Has wow changed for the better or will the new expansion change things a lot ?
Havn't been following wow for ages.

I was in the wow beta and played the game when it came out, only got to lvl 40 or something then quit wow in its early stages, have they changed any of the pvp stuff as thats what I got bored with when I canceled.

From what I heard there is no NDA on the new expansion.

Can someone give me a brief rundown of the honour system as I dony think I was high enough when I played to find out about it, Im assuming its pvp related ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Chaos said:
Has wow changed for the better or will the new expansion change things a lot ?
Havn't been following wow for ages.

I was in the wow beta and played the game when it came out, only got to lvl 40 or something then quit wow in its early stages, have they changed any of the pvp stuff as thats what I got bored with when I canceled.

From what I heard there is no NDA on the new expansion.

Can someone give me a brief rundown of the honour system as I dony think I was high enough when I played to find out about it, Im assuming its pvp related ?

The new expansion will change things a lot. I am playing the beta at the moment and from what I've seen so far, it is very good. I won't say much because it'll ruin it for some people, but it isn't just more of the same from WoW.

The new PvP system seems to be very good and there are now also world-based objectives in every zone I've been to (3 so far). They're very good and work better than the EPL tower capture objectives currently in WoW at the moment.

Also, I would reckon that release is still somewhat far off. Kharazan isn't open at the moment, and there are still a few zones that you cannot enter (when you enter, it says "You are entering No-Mans-Land" and then you get ported to the nearest city) which will need to be tested. And given the fact that walking through Kharazan with no mobs takes over 30 minutes from the start room to the end room, there will be loads of content that will need to be tested in there alone. That is only one of the new instances and it has been in development for quite some time.

The current honour system works in a silly way at the moment. The general concensus is that only people that play a silly amount per day, or raid in the high-end Guilds that have the best gear, excel in the rankings and this is true for most servers. The new changes seek to remove the unbalanced aspect of gear and focus the attention more on skill and ability instead. Honour points have been replaced with Arena points which you gain in pretty much the same way. I'm not sure about the impact rep has, but I will try to find out more when I can.

Soldato
Jokester said:
The 3d models have been enhanced slightly but no major changes as far as I'm aware.

Jokester

Just noticed this post at the bottom. I will say that some of the textures look a bit more polished, and they've touched a lot up due to being able to now fly above most of the content (think the dodgy overhanging shrubbery above Un'goro Crater) and my framerate is noticeably worse overall. IF is better due to there being nobody around, but the new city's in Outland are quite bad.

Back
Top Bottom