Wrists

Soldato
My wrists are screwing my gym programme up :(

On the v bar push down for my triceps, bicep curls, etc they either ache really badly of feel like they are going to give at any minute when using heavy weights.

Any idea what I can do to strengthen them or prevent this pain??

Thanks ;)

*awaits witty comments* :D

Caporegime
dont do barbell then, try EZbar or hammer bar. or just use dumbells.
or, think about how wide your grip is on the barbell. too close and it puts pressure on the wrists, going a bit wider allows for a more natural position.

vbar pushdowns are easy to perfect for a reason, they arent a big builder ;]

Soldato
OP
I cant use a barbell to do curls either, my wrists just feel like they're being twisted and are gonna snap! I just preacher those bad boys instead :cool:

Thats exactly what I feel mate. On the preecher, whats the best grip? I kinda like the narrow one, wider one is harder haha.

Oh Morba, what are big builders in the tri department then?

Thanks;)

Caporegime
Thats exactly what I feel mate. On the preecher, whats the best grip? I kinda like the narrow one, wider one is harder haha.

Oh Morba, what are big builders in the tri department then?

Thanks;)

i find i curl better (as in technique) with a wider grip when preacher curling.

big tri builders = close grip bench and heavy skull crushers imo.

pushdowns are a finishing move at best i find.

Soldato
I prefer the narrower grip, but medium is fine too. Wide is a big no. Can't use straight barbell either, it's EZ-Bar or DB's only.

Tricep builders are dips and close-grip bench. Skull crushers are good but loads of people can't do them, I'm one of them :(

Soldato
OP
Ok thanks for the replies.

Another question i was going to ask and that was about my wrists when incline chest pressing.

What happens is, anything above 20kg on db's and from my wrist down to the non muscley bit of my forearms, i my arms end up numb on the last set.

Whats happening here?

Back
Top Bottom