Writing a tech spec

Associate
I am outsourcing a project to make a calculator using a set of data I have. I have never written a tech spec before and cant find anything that useful online.

Does anyone have any examples they could send my way so I have a better idea how they work.

The project is not too complicated - I have all teh data on an excel spreasheet including foumulas I use but I just need it to look slick!

Depends on who is consuming it really. What form is this calculator going to take?

I wouldn't worry about making it slick, as long as it is unambiguous and correct....unless this is a college assignment, rather than an actual tender?

It is a customer facing project - The most important thing is that it works first and foremost so getting the functionality right is important.

I have had problems with ousourcing people before as it seems to take a lot longer then I wanted as things go wrong (and I'm on a bit of a tight schedule)

Thats why I am trying to nail the requirements doc .

That template is v useful thanks a lot

Without knowing the functions it's a bit difficult, but I would say it's very important to explicitly define each of the formulae used in the calculator and which data it acts upon.

Expected inputs/outputs are a given, too.

:confused: How can you dismiss that requirement already knowing such little information about the project?

The way I read it was that they wanted the requirements to look slick, rather than looking slick was a requirement.

Obviously you want the deliverable to look slick! I was just saying don't worry about the requirements document looking flash.

Back
Top Bottom