WTF has happened to my computer?!?!?!?

Permabanned
Hey guys,
Last week I overclockerd my graphics card. Today When I was going through the screenshot thread on the pc games forum, my monitor froze. I couldnt do anything at all to it, then all of a sudden it came back again. But all the avatars and screenshots were like all artifacted. I coudlnt see the pictures at all. I will try to take a screenie later on. Then I but my clocks back to stock, and it worked :D But I played CSS to see if that was the problem and it worked fine. But when i shut it down, the screen just went black and froze there.
My question is, whats wrong with m card, is it faulty?
thanks
Dave

Monstermunch said:
This happened to me with my 9800 pro. When I got it I could run at 400/750 (378/676 stk), but it gradually degraded until I got artifacts at stock. So I thought I would take a look at it, I removed the HSF, cleaned it and re-seated it with AS5 not i'm getting 425/790!

Which leads me to believe that as std the HSF are not seated very well or using very good compound

Do you think I could just RMA it to save me the hassle of gettiong a new HSF, or should I just buy some AS5 and remount the HSF?

Monstermunch said:
Try the driver route first to avoid unecessary hastle, but if you're okay with tinkering then I think in future i'll be cleaning off the existing and using AS5 as soon as I know the card works!

Do ya think I should remount the fan, or just buy an entirely new one?

Its an X800GTO, but I think it has gone now, but I may just buy some AS5 just to be on the safe side. The problem is tho, is there any local retailers in london like PCworld etc taht stock AS?
thanks
Dave

Back
Top Bottom