*** WWDC 2017 : 5th - 9th June ***

Associate
I think its meant to be a supplementary device... I know that sounds silly for something so expensive. However maybe its aimed at someone who has an IMAC at home or another big laptop? I have a rMBP and as svelte as it is, I find it a pain to travel with. This is the gap the rMB will fill in for me. Not an excuse really but just a thought lol.

You'd still get a VAT receipt buying it at a discount.

The VAT receipt would have my wifes name on it as she is the NHS employee. Didn't think it was worth the hassle. Would it matter??

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
12" MB i7 8GB ordered, and 256GB 10.5" Space grey..

I was going to use the discounts from wife's NHS thing then discovered I am get VAT relief from my accountant being self employed doh!!

The i7 MB isn't arriving till the 19th! dunno why its delayed so much. They haven't taken payment for the ipad yet, but have been debited for the MB.

It's not a proper i7 though, just a renamed m7.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

I was going to use the discounts from wife's NHS thing then discovered I am get VAT relief from my accountant being self employed doh!!

The i7 MB isn't arriving till the 19th! dunno why its delayed so much. They haven't taken payment for the ipad yet, but have been debited for the MB.
Definitely not an i7. Apple is being pretty cheeky calling them i5 and i7...

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

That's what bothers me about mine, if I find it is inadequate for my needs (PLEX) then it's going straight back.
For viewing Plex (i.e. running the Plex client) it will be totally fine.

Man of Honour
Near top spec 13" Pro ordered, sending the one I got at the start of May back.

Wanting an iPad Pro, but, I don't think I'd use it much and nearly £700!

Soldato

I use my missus' NUS discount and it's through my business as it's a business only computer :)

Commissario
Yes, and as I've got a MacBook, I'm used to it. It's slightly narrower and it sits flatter than my old keyboard which I realised today is about nine years old! I bought it when I first *ahem* used OS X and then as I bought Macs, I never used the supplied keyboards, just kept the original one. I think I've got two wired and one wireless keyboards that have never been out of their boxes!

Back
Top Bottom