1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** WWDC Keynote 2019 ***

Discussion in 'Apple Software' started by Feek, Jun 2, 2019.

1. uvarvu

Mobster

I use Linux, MacOS and Windows every day so I'd want something that works well all on three. Right now 1Password fits the bill for me - it even does all the 2FA stuff for you so you don't have to type in codes from your phone. It also works with apps on my phone as well as websites.

2. Feek

Commissario

It's not a replacement password manager. It's just a method to log in to sites/apps without having to actually sign up.

3. uvarvu

Mobster

I know that but I'm talking about the login method itself, I imagine if you sign in with your apple ID it will require something to authenticate such as unlocking your phone or using the fingerprint scanner on your Mac. That's fine if I'm using my Mac but if I'm using something else then I'm buggered (I have a Pixel 3 not an iPhone). With 1Password it's truly cross platform.

4. Feek

Commissario

I use 1Password as well but I'm genuinely trying to think the last time I signed into anything when I wasn't using a Mac or iPhone and I'm struggling :)

5. JamesM

Soldato

I dropped 1Password a while ago. It was a great app but as above, I just used Mac and iOS stuff more and so started storing my passwords with apple.

If I ever need something for windows, which isn't very often, I just ask my iPhone to show my passwords and enter it manually.

6. uvarvu

Mobster

Hehe, I guess if you use Apple equipment exclusively then great - I'm sure they'll integrate with the watch as well. With me it's more difficult as I prefer stock Android but iOS 13 is definitely moving in the right direction.

7. b0rn2sk8

Mobster

Why are we taking about password managers, the Apple service is to replace the sign in with Facebook and google buttons.

It’s so you can signup/in without having to register separately. The whole selling point of apples version is that they don’t sell your data or serve you adverts across the internet for the privilege.

8. uvarvu

Mobster

The reason I raised the password manager thing is that it has 2FA built into the app itself, I don't need anything extra to sign in when using 1Password because I registered the QR codes in the app itself beforehand. If I use Apple's service then I'd either need to be on my Mac or have an iPhone to hand to authenticate.

9. Destination

Capodecina

You'll be well impressed by their new monitor stand for £1000, coupled with a vesa mount needed for the stand at £200.
    Quality purchases with innovation.

10. The_Abyss

Capodecina

I’m impressed by the screen!

But I could hire somebody to hold it for less than the price of their stand ;)

11. labcoattech

Hitman

it was good marketing from Apple to not include the stand with the monitor, most of the intended market will either buy a monitor arm or already have one.

12. Combat squirrel

Sgarrista

Interested in running iOS apps on mac - does this mean i can use my mac to use any apps that are on my phone easier? Instagram would be amazing if so, getting insta on desktop is always a PITA - also makes browsing tinder easier for the singles out there :D