X-Factor 2011

Soldato
Surely, this would make it more easy for the winner to cash in on his xfactor success? My belief is that the 12 month wait is what is killing the careers of the winners.

I agree with this completely, by the time the winners album comes out everybody has forgotten them for, to quote Louis Walsh "the next big thing" and are already looking towards the next X Factor.

Man of Honour
[ASSE]Hinchy;20779937 said:
This image I saw on someone's facebook made me laugh.

ETVg1.jpg

There was only one who didn't do it -

frogmix.jpg

Soldato
I don't think having a year without material will make them fade into obscurity; they are incredibly popular already, they have talent and will no doubt fill their 12 months with tumultuous PR, interviews and the tour.

One Direction (albeit not winners and with arguably less talent) didn't release any material for around the same amount of time and yet have made an absolute fortune due to their appeal with a hugely profitable target market: the teeny girls!

Little Mix will have the same market and will slot into an industry currently lacking in a big female pop group aka The Girls Aloud market.

I'm not a fan of pop, r&b, urban or any crossovers but these girls are quite amiable and I can forsee them being around for a lot longer than any of the other winners.

Marcus - I like the retro/50s route he seemed to be taking with his music; if he pursues this in his own work I can see him standing out a little bit and having relative success (a la Olly Murs) but otherwise I think he'll join the likes of Rhydian, Steve Brookstein, Shane Ward, Leon Jackson, Andy Abrahams etc.

Soldato
I don't think having a year without material will make them fade into obscurity; they are incredibly popular already, they have talent and will no doubt fill their 12 months with tumultuous PR, interviews and the tour.

One Direction (albeit not winners and with arguably less talent) didn't release any material for around the same amount of time and yet have made an absolute fortune due to their appeal with a hugely profitable target market: the teeny girls!

Little Mix will have the same market and will slot into an industry currently lacking in a big female pop group aka The Girls Aloud market.

I'm not a fan of pop, r&b, urban or any crossovers but these girls are quite amiable and I can forsee them being around for a lot longer than any of the other winners.

Marcus - I like the retro/50s route he seemed to be taking with his music; if he pursues this in his own work I can see him standing out a little bit and having relative success (a la Olly Murs) but otherwise I think he'll join the likes of Rhydian, Steve Brookstein, Shane Ward, Leon Jackson, Andy Abrahams etc.

For me One Direction and Olly Murs have done by far the best job at pomoting themselves before releasing material. Now whether that has been down to hard work, good work by their label, or the hand of Simon Cowell, I'm not sure. If I was to geuss, I'd say a mix of all, but with a massive dollop of the latter.

Soldato
Lemon face?

I like her - she's instantly recognisable and a different figure to the 'pop star' archetype which is inevitably a very skinny lady; she's had some stick already about being a size 12 (or whatever) but she seems like a really nice girl without any ideas above her station: good on her I say.

*prepares for a smash lemon / lemonpasty type comment*

Soldato
She's attractive and in good shape but stick a meatier Beyonce next to her and Kelly wouldn't get a look from me.

I understand what you are trying to get at, but I definitely wouldn't classify Beyonce as fat or even large.

If you stood Beyonce next to an average English woman (or Jessie Mix), you would understand what I mean.

The point is that most men do prefer women who are slim, eg. Beyonce.

If you look at most polls, where men vote for who their favourite female is (physically), you will find that there are very few, if any larger ladies in there.

Check this link:
http://www.fhm.com/girls/100-sexiest-women

These are the women who voted as the most sexiest. I'm sure that there are some larger ladies in there, but they are outnumbered by women who are slim.

I realise that some people are defensive about being overweight, but you must face facts - most men find slim women, more pleasing on the eye than the larger women.

If you have a counter argument, then by all means, let's hear it. And please, don't get defensive or emotional, this is merely a discussion/debate. No one is calling anybody rude names.

Soldato

No problem with that at all what I take issue with is the numpties who only pop into this thread to poke fun and ridicule one individual for her weight and looks, it's fine I get the message you don't fancy her fare enough so move on don't post the same hate filled drivel over and over and maybe take 5 seconds to appreciate that she has got where she is without conforming to the celebrity norm.

Soldato
Give me a Nigella Lawson over a Marianne Berglund anyday! :)

One's a size 16 cook who loves chocolate and pies, and the other a size 4 fashion model who wears clothes and is photographed.

Soldato
I also read in the paper today that Jesy is only a size 12, makes the prats in this thread having a pop at her weight look even more well like prats tbh

I think the problem is that she is quite short, which won't help. My ex was a size 12 but is taller than her so she looks thinner.

Soldato
I think the problem is that she is quite short, which won't help. My ex was a size 12 but is taller than her so she looks thinner.

That and the three girls she shares the stage with are all prtty slim so she will inevitably look bigger, hell I'd feel pretty rough if I had to perfrom on national TV surrounded by good looking thin people and I'm hardly a fatty!

Soldato
IMO dress sizes are not an accurate way of defining how fat/thin a person actually is.
Somebody can be big boned but relatively lean vs somebody who is very petite (small boned), but is carrying a lot of fat on them.
Also consider that some women could be carrying more muscle, which automatically adds more bulk, giving them a bigger dress size.

Also, some women (and men), aren't super thin, but they carry their "fat" well. This allows them to get away with being a little on the fat side.

Man of Honour
That and the three girls she shares the stage with are all prtty slim so she will inevitably look bigger, hell I'd feel pretty rough if I had to perfrom on national TV surrounded by good looking thin people and I'm hardly a fatty!

I have the same problem on stage with my band.
I'm normal size but all my band mates are stick thin so they make me look fat :)
(or it could be the camera that lies)

Back
Top Bottom