x-fi xtreme music problems.

Associate
Just put my new soundcard into a PCI slot (asus a8n sli se) booted up fine etc etc but when i come to install the drivers it says There is no product found in your system (or somthing like that) I'v tryed changing PCI slots and i'v checked to see if there is an irc conflict , but there isn't

Any ideas?

+ there is a yellow ! around the "multi media controller" in device manager

Associate
This is a known problem as i to have had the same problem using another motherboard.If you go to creative's forums there are plenty others with this problem to.

Associate
I had this problem aswel. I had a Creative Soundblaster Live! soundcard before the X-Fi, and i also have a Creative Zen MP3 player. I uninstalled the Live!s drivers, shutdown the PC, took out the Live! put the X-Fi in, restarted and tried to install the X-Fi drivers but it said i didn't have a product in the PC. I ended up having to remove ALL Creative drivers and software from my computer (even the MP3 players software). When i restarted and tried again it installed fine.

Are you using the CD that came with the soundcard to install the drivers? If so, try downloading the newest drivers from the Creative website.

Back
Top Bottom