X Terminal on Windows XP

Soldato
Can anybody suggest a good, preferably cheap but commercially available X terminal app for windows (or freeware, I suppose, but I can't purchase using a credit card, our company doesn't work like that, so shareware is out of the picture :().

I have a Red Hat box that I need to get to for a while. We're potentially moving our web hosting from Windows to Linux and need to test all our code to ensure it'll work on Red Hat plus we need to do some more development on our intranet. I need to be able to connect to the X server from my PC.

Please don't say "why don't you just use telnet?" :) I haven't got the time to get to grips with the intracacies of the Linux command line (I know the basics, but am no expert) and some of the other staff have no experience of anything other than windows, so I want to make it as easy as possible to administer.

Soldato
you say you want a terminal window, then you say you dont want to use the command line?

I presume you want to use the XOrg environment on a Windows PC - in that case you should use VNC or something like eXceed

Back
Top Bottom