• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X1900 Thread - no nonsense

dis

dis

Associate
Big.Wayne said:
The term *Future-Proofing* cannot be appled to graphics cards lol, actually I think the term in general is misleading. .

;)
Fair point, but in my case i'm not looking too far down the line. I'm waiting on Eldar Scrools: Oblivion which should be fairly shader heavy and and given that its an xbox 360 title too, i'm guessing/hoping the similarities between the 360 gfx set and the x1900s will help frame rates along.

Course i could have got myself confused about the 360 gfx core but if it holds true then there might be a few games which reap benifits if running on x1900 hardware (as far as shaders usage goes anyway).

I'm just happy that tomorrow i won't have to run COD2 in DX7 mode to break 30 fps :)

Soldato
Too many cards and too many Xs ;)

ATI done well to get back on top, but the differences between old hat arent worth an upgrade, Will wait for Nvidias/ATIs proper next gen card later on this year might not even bother its not like Battlefield 3 is coming out this or next year ;)

Soldato
HighlandeR said:
Will wait for Nvidias/ATIs proper next gen card later on this year might not even bother its not like Battlefield 3 is coming out this or next year ;)
These are ATIs next gen cards. Its wildly reported that the R580 core has very few similaritys compared to the R520 ones. :confused:

Caporegime
BoomAM said:
These are ATIs next gen cards. Its wildly reported that the R580 core has very few similaritys compared to the R520 ones. :confused:

Not the proper ones as he says, the proper ones are in the summer R600/G80, those are the real next gen cards, the x1900 is just for them to get 1 up on Nvidia by taking the performance crown, but Nvidia will get the 1up on them and take the crown back with the G71 in March, thats all they are doing getting 1 up on each other till they get their real next gen cards out in the summer. :)

Caporegime
Yes it was designed seperately, x1900 was done by a different team, and has always been on time, the x1800 was late, the x1900 has came out on time, only difference from the x1800 is it has 48x shader power and higher clocks from what i can tell. :)

Associate
BoomAM said:
R580 was designed seperately to R520 smart-####. Most reports say that apart from the ringbus and the basic design, that the R580 is completely different.

hey, *** with that attitude? you know I was j/k rite? :rolleyes:

/sorry for OT again but I can't help myself

btw, back to topic, Did guys all order the XTX? any1 here ordered an XT? please check if you get 1.1 or 1.2ns ram :)

cheers

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Yes it was designed seperately, x1900 was done by a different team, and has always been on time, the x1800 was late, the x1900 has came out on time, only difference from the x1800 is it has 48x shader power and higher clocks from what i can tell. :)
Only a small difference then? :rolleyes: :p

Soldato
BoomAM said:
AA?
AF?
HDR?
There isnt a card out that can do 8xAA, 16xAF & HDR at the same time with good frame rates.

I beg to differ ;)
At 4xAA anyhow :

3DM06 HDR/SM3.0 test no AA/AF = 1652
with 4xAA 16xAF (HQ) = 1272

Considering thats on a benchmark that runs like a dog compared to all current HDR games, and shows a bias to nvidia hardware, thats only a tad under a 25% performance hit for 4xAA 16xHQAF on my stock X1800XT, I would expect less of a hit in an actual game.
Then Xfire the X18 or X19 and I think its going to be even less of a hit even with 8XAA ;)

Caporegime
BoomAM said:
Only a small difference then? :rolleyes: :p

Yep, first page of this review here has the specs of it as well as the x1800, only difference is the shader performance, and the higher clocks, and transistor count, x1800's have higher memory bandwidth though, obviously the XTX is clocked higher as thats the XT, but the differences are bugger all lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Yep, first page of this review here has the specs of it as well as the x1800, only difference is the shader performance, and the higher clocks, and transistor count, x1800's have higher memory bandwidth though, obviously the XTX is clocked higher as thats the XT, but the differences are bugger all lol.
Its amusing to see that you think that the difference in shaders is a minor thing. When its not. They have tripled the ammount of shader units. Thats not a minor thing. Thats quite a significant architecture change.
I suggest a reading on B3D for a good idea of whats been changed architecturally.
Im not saying that its completely different, because it isnt. But the difference is bigger than what was R300 to R420. Or the difference between a 6800 & a 7800.

Caporegime
Yeah the shaders is a major improvement, but the rest is about the same, the x1900 just needs the games to appear so it can use all that shader power, which is going to take time, but theres no denying when they do appear the x1900 will kick butt lol. :)

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Yeah the shaders is a major improvement, but the rest is about the same, the x1900 just needs the games to appear so it can use all that shader power, which is going to take time, but theres no denying when they do appear the x1900 will kick butt lol. :)
But its not 'about the same' though is it?! Theres a lot of difference between the cores. Not minor differences like we saw between the X800 & the X850. Some rather big ones relating to how the core does everything.
The problem is that none of them will be exploited for some time.

Permabanned
well i think. (i hope) i changed my order. i placed a order awhile back for a BFG 7800 512mb. card. it was out of stock everywhere so i thought id come here.

anyway. after finding out and reading the forums for the last 3 hours i hopefully changed that order for the Sapphire ATI Radeon X1900 XT-X 512MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-113-SP)

i kinda changed my mind 3 times. and sent 3 emails to overclockers hopefully this wont annoy them. very sorry.

i missed a few reviews out. was going to go for the top one, then i saw the saphire at the bottem. so i went for that.

i would like to know 2moro if the change in the order was ok.

they allready took payment for the last card about 1 week ago. so... i hope it can be changed :)

Associate
::: CooliceT :: said:
well i think. (i hope) i changed my order. i placed a order awhile back for a BFG 7800 512mb. card. it was out of stock everywhere so i thought id come here.

anyway. after finding out and reading the forums for the last 3 hours i hopefully changed that order for the Sapphire ATI Radeon X1900 XT-X 512MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-113-SP)

i kinda changed my mind 3 times. and sent 3 emails to overclockers hopefully this wont annoy them. very sorry.

i missed a few reviews out. was going to go for the top one, then i saw the saphire at the bottem. so i went for that.

they allready took payment for the last card about 1 week ago. so... i hope it can be changed :)

if you email me, I bet I could make you change your order once again ;)

Caporegime
::: CooliceT :: said:

Yeah it'll be changed no probs, they'll just refund you the difference. :)

Back
Top Bottom