• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X1900XT Crossfire Edition

Soldato
How much longer does OcUK plan to stock these i know from looking at a lot of other etailors they have all gone, im getting slightly concerned as this dosnt leave us x1900xt owners in a good standing if we wanted to go crossfire in the future there would be no damn stock!, tbh i feel slightly cheated by ATi the fact they already priced it stupidly high also adds to the insult does anyone think they could prehaps enable it via software like the x1900gt in the future or are us x1900xt/xt-x owners that did fancy going xfire totally screwed this time?.

Suspended
I'm concerned about this also. On one hand my single X1900XT copes well, but I have a Crossfire motherboard so would be shame not to take advantage. On the other hand by the time my X1900XT struggles a XT2800XT single card would probably outperform a X1900XT Crossfire.

Soldato
You will be able to find the X1900 Crossfire Edition second-hand for a long time, so don't worry, and if you don't fancy buying one second-hand then you might be surprised to know that the X1950 Crossfire Edition works with X1900 Series cards. ;)

Soldato
OP
Ulfhedjinn said:
You will be able to find the X1900 Crossfire Edition second-hand for a long time, so don't worry, and if you don't fancy buying one second-hand then you might be surprised to know that the X1950 Crossfire Edition works with X1900 Series cards. ;)

hmm well im not to sure about this try and find a second have x1800xt now its near impossible and if you do expect to pay a crazy price as the things are so damn rare

Soldato
Tom|Nbk said:
hmm well im not to sure about this try and find a second have x1800xt now its near impossible and if you do expect to pay a crazy price as the things are so damn rare
The difference there is that the X1800 Series has been officially out of production since January of this year, so naturally X1800 Crossfire Edition cards are getting super-rare (and they were quite rare in the first place, not to mention costed a fortune.) The X1900 Series is only just beginning to be cut off. :)

Soldato
OP
Ulfhedjinn said:
you might be surprised to know that the X1950 Crossfire Edition works with X1900 Series cards. ;)

yea i still see ATi have priced it as daft as ever so when the r600 comes out people that buy those card's will do ok as they will be priced the same as each other as you can use any two normal cards meanwhile previous gen card users are left with well a bit of a mess crossfire wise still forking out way above a normal card and struggling to find any stock of the damn things.

Soldato
Tom|Nbk said:
yea i still see ATi have priced it as daft as ever so when the r600 comes out people that buy those card's will do ok as they will be priced the same as each other as you can use any two normal cards meanwhile previous gen card users are left with well a bit of a mess crossfire wise still forking out way above a normal card and struggling to find any stock of the damn things.
They'll come down in price soon enough, especially when the X1900 Series begins to properly disappear. They're horrible value for money right now, but keep in mind that the X1900 Series costed the same at the beginning and that by the time you need one of those Crossfire Edition cards they will probably be much cheaper.

My plan is to wait until this time next year and see if I can get an X1900 Crossfire Edition second-hand. I am still considering pairing my X1900XT with an X1950 Crossfire Edition at that time, but I'm a little obsessive-compulsive and it would drive me daft knowing I had mismatched series in there.

Soldato
OP
Ulfhedjinn said:
They'll come down in price soon enough, especially when the X1900 Series begins to properly disappear. They're horrible value for money right now, but keep in mind that the X1900 Series costed the same at the beginning and that by the time you need one of those Crossfire Edition cards they will probably be much cheaper.

My plan is to wait until this time next year and see if I can get an X1900 Crossfire Edition second-hand. I am still considering pairing my X1900XT with an X1950 Crossfire Edition at that time, but I'm a little obsessive-compulsive and it would drive me daft knowing I had mismatched series in there.

i know what you mean about obsessive-compulsive :p , but i seriously doubt you will find a x1900xt crossfire edition next year they will be as rare as dinosaur *****, would be nice if OcUK could prehaps bring them at a slightly cheaper price i dont mind paying 20-30 more than a normal card but 60-70 takes the ****

Soldato
Tom|Nbk said:
i know what you mean about obsessive-compulsive :p , but i seriously doubt you will find a x1900xt crossfire edition next year they will be as rare as dinosaur *****, would be nice if OcUK could prehaps bring them at a slightly cheaper price i dont mind paying 20-30 more than a normal card but 60-70 takes the ****
Aye, I'm not optimistic, but if I can find a readonably priced, second-hand X1900 Crossfire Edition at that time then I'd actually rather do that than use an X1950 Crossfire Edition.

It's nice to have the option there though. ATI could've just as easily left us in the cold there and decided to add some new features to the X1950 Series that make the R580+ core incompatible with R580.

Soldato
OP
Ulfhedjinn said:
Aye, I'm not optimistic, but if I can find a readonably priced, second-hand X1900 Crossfire Edition at that time then I'd actually rather do that than use an X1950 Crossfire Edition.

It's nice to have the option there though. ATI could've just as easily left us in the cold there and decided to add some new features to the X1950 Series that make the R580+ core incompatible with R580.

and to pair a £200 with a £330 just because theres naff all stock of the x1900xt seems far from logical to me, just makes me feel cheated atm

Soldato
Tom|Nbk said:
and to pair a £200 with a £330 just because theres naff all stock of the x1900xt seems far from logical to me, just makes me feel cheated atm
Well, by the time I need a Crossfire Edition card I imagine the X1950 Crossfire Edition will be about £250 like the X1900 Crossfire Edition is now. :p

Soldato
OP
Ulfhedjinn said:
Well, by the time I need a Crossfire Edition card I imagine the X1950 Crossfire Edition will be about £250 like the X1900 Crossfire Edition is now. :p

but the price ratio will still be off, also another thing which makes me grr @ ATi is that people with lower spec cheaper cards can xfire up without the stupid expensive master x1900gt, x1800gto, x1600 etc yet us premium card users are still left with this daft idea with no solution

Soldato
Tom|Nbk said:
but the price ratio will still be off, also another thing which makes me grr @ ATi is that people with lower spec cheaper cards can xfire up without the stupid expensive master x1900gt, x1800gto, x1600 etc yet us premium card users are still left with this daft idea with no solution
Yeah that bugs me too, but thankfully the horrible master cards thing will be in the past when R600 is released. Then Crossfire will be more like SLI. :)

Soldato
OP
Ulfhedjinn said:
Yeah that bugs me too, but thankfully the horrible master cards thing will be in the past when R600 is released. Then Crossfire will be more like SLI. :)

yea i guess it will be but it still dosn't help us thats what im trying to say :(

Soldato
I dont really have a problem with my crossfire cable ( and there isnt really any reason to complain about the "loss" of a natural DVI socket imo) after all its hidden at the back of the pc out of sight and you cant even fit it the wrong way ( unlike the SLI bridge) as it only fits one way anyway.

Yes the added cost of one or two chips on the mastercard is worth an additional £20 or so but I agree you have to really want a mastercard to pay the additional amount ontop ( but also glad that ATI didnt choose to put the chips and cost on EVERY card type)

There isnt any point in my opinion of getting an X1950 for the additional cost ( I briefly considered getting an X1950 until i told myself off hahaha) as the cost is incredibly high and no real performance benefit - so am going for an HIS silent X1900 instead

I cant see any arguement regarding the lower cards not requiring a cable - of course they dont as the amount of data they process is significantly less so its unsurprising the top of the line cards require a dedicated channel.

Just my opinion mind ( bring on R600 and true dual X16 mobo's)

Associate
Luckily since I'm upgrading from an ancient X800 Pro I decided to go for the X1900XT Crossfire Edition just so I only have to find an X1900XT if I want to upgrade :)

The HIS ones are on OC's 20 products page at the moment as well.

...dammit I still have to wait about another 5 weeks before I get the rest of my new system :(

Back
Top Bottom