X2 3800+ films stuttering

Associate
When i try and watch films on my comp they stutter, iv tried diff programs, and tried setting the affinity to one core. But nout i do seems to work. Dose any one else get this prob? (films run fine on onther comps)

Associate
OP
Divx, Avi, Real Dvd's from DVD drive. Any bitrate it happens with all the ones iv got.

Iv tried VLC, WinAmp, WMP9,10, k-lite MPC.

CPU usage 2-12% holds most at 6%. More activity on core2 if i dont try change it.

Associate
OP
got:

x2 3800+
DFI Ultra-D
OCUK 7800 GTX (dont have another pci gfx card to check if its this)
Geil 2GB RAM
Hyper Type-R 580W

Drivers are all upto date, and have the codec pack. :/

Last edited:
Associate
OP
hmmm sounds almost the same, i will always get stutters on panning shots, but tbh i didnt think it would make any diff to the amount of data needing processed?

though i still get it playing from HDD :(

Associate
OP
hmmmmm sounds suspicious(sp?) to me!!!!!!!!!

Ill maby try disconecting that aswell, although it shouldnt effect playing form HDD.

U got any ways u reduced the stuttering?

Associate
OP
ok i have uninstalled every codec / player i could find on my system.

Now any1 got any tips on what options to pick when installing new codec pack? 2.71 (that the newest/best?)

Thanx

Associate
OP
tried as u said street, and it was worse than ever.

after a few uninstalls n random clicking while installing 2.71 iv got it down to minimal stutters, gets past most bits where it was bad before. But it still isnt really fixed, just better.

So i know its down to codecs now, just need to find out what the best choices are when installing.

Back
Top Bottom