• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X300 vgpu mod

Associate
so doesnt any1 know how in any way to volt mod these crap cards and evan without it using ati tool i get it from 27fps to 37/38

As i have said before, the risk outweighs the reward, not only because voltage modding is risky full stop, but on such old hardware the tolerances may not be up to scratch, so could cause more damage than harm, and as i have said probably damage the motherboard if it can't put the power out properly.

What you could do however is try flashing the bios, if you are desperate for any kind of performance increases. Something as simple as that to a custom written bios could give you some form of gain. Remember the voltages can probably be increased in the GPU's bios, so have a search for one of those that has the default voltage modded.

I still stand by my original point tho, dont try pencil modding it always ends in tears :p

*edit* you are allowed to bump, but not after 4 minutes. people will get to the thread

Soldato
while you are allowed to "bump" here, I dont think you should be bumping it more than once every 24 hours, and not once after 4 minutes.....

Since it would now be for a second PC and not your main, I will not give the 6600gt free. I will however test it soon, and then put it in a for sale thread next weekend most likely for around 5-9£ inc. depending on its postage costs.

Edit: Have you tried MSI afterburner? it might let you up the voltage?

Associate
OP
As i have said before, the risk outweighs the reward, not only because voltage modding is risky full stop, but on such old hardware the tolerances may not be up to scratch, so could cause more damage than harm, and as i have said probably damage the motherboard if it can't put the power out properly.

What you could do however is try flashing the bios, if you are desperate for any kind of performance increases. Something as simple as that to a custom written bios could give you some form of gain. Remember the voltages can probably be increased in the GPU's bios, so have a search for one of those that has the default voltage modded.

I still stand by my original point tho, dont try pencil modding it always ends in tears :p

*edit* you are allowed to bump, but not after 4 minutes. people will get to the thread

if i upload the bios do u think u can mod it andhow do i get/flash the bios

while you are allowed to "bump" here, I dont think you should be bumping it more than once every 24 hours, and not once after 4 minutes.....

Since it would now be for a second PC and not your main, I will not give the 6600gt free. I will however test it soon, and then put it in a for sale thread next weekend most likely for around 5-9£ inc. depending on its postage costs.

Edit: Have you tried MSI afterburner? it might let you up the voltage?

i will try that tomorro

i dont think you need to bump, its gettin late and the last 5 posts are by you, are you realy that desperate to mod it lol

Yes lol very much so:):)

Associate
If i had a unused old 8800GTX i would send it to this kid, Maybe someone does have a card collecting dust?.

Allmost anything is a big upgrade from the X300 even 3 year old stuff.

Associate
OP
What bugs me in todays society is that people like me who don't always have the best stuff make the best of it yet some people have everything they want but still dont get rid of things

Soldato
I had an x300 years ago (edit: 2004 :eek:). Massively overclockable card. Download atitool and see how far you get. I believe you should get ~80% overclocks.

I'm afraid I've forgotten the voltmods for the card.

http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

edit:

I see you've already overclocked it as far as you can. Whoops.

Last edited:
Associate
Ha, my dad has that in his computer over 6 years ago 0.o

+1 to the 8800GT idea. Have a look around the fleabay. And it's unnecessary to post after every sentence.

Associate
OP
Ha, my dad has that in his computer over 6 years ago 0.o

+1 to the 8800GT idea. Have a look around the fleabay. And it's unnecessary to post after every sentence.

sorry for the post at every sentence
and i had a look so when i get the money i will get one and what is the best of the 8800's and for now is there any mods i can do to this gpu just for fun

Associate
sorry for the post at every sentence
and i had a look so when i get the money i will get one and what is the best of the 8800's and for now is there any mods i can do to this gpu just for fun

8800 Ultra £70 ish>8800GTX £60 ish>8800GTS Rev 2 £40(more shaders,128?)>GTS Rev 1 (96 shaders) £40 ish>GT Rev 2 96 shaders (probably equal with GTS) £40 ish>GT Rev 1 96 shaders £40 ish>GS 320MB £30 ish. (don't bother with the last, you will find it less than satisfactory)

i got the order right, but some specs are a bit wrong http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_8_Series (shaders really lol) i didn't do too bad tho to say it was from memory

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Sorry thats a bit to much as i only get £25ish for my birthday and i dont have the power adapters on my psu for that also i think it may be to big for my case
So does any one have a gpu i can have that is better than mine and is x16

Last edited:
Soldato
Ahh i had one of these once, its basically ati's lowest end card from about 5 generations ago. The volt mod wont do anything on tha card. It wasnt designed for gaming, and so it wont all of a sudden turn into a miricle card. It simply doesnt have the shaders/core for it.

use your bday money and buy something second hand. even £25 will get you something reasonable. Ive seen some 7900GTX's go for around 20 and they still hold their own at low res.

edit: thats a point, you wont have the power adaptors on your PSU for high powered cards.

I'd forget the idea then m8, theres not much you can gain. You have a 360, and most pc games are ports from that and ps3 now anyway, so id stick with that.

Soldato
Anything even close to 8800GT speed will be complete over kill and wasted on a Intel P4. The CPU the OP is using is just a complete donkey ( sorry OP ) when it comes to games.

I did some A64 vs P4 head to heads and the P4 chip got walked all over. Before we got to cards like the x1950pro the P4 was useless.

Soldato
sorry op, not much ou can do unless you have about £200 for used stuff, if you are really dedicated to pc, i would sell your 360 with what games you have, sell both machines if your allowed and sell anything else you can get together and buy £200-£300 worth of old gen stuff, with the kinda of money you have there is really nothing you can do i am afraid, or you could tell your mum your a big boy now and demand to get a job

Back
Top Bottom