• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X300 vgpu mod

Associate
Hi there this is my first post so here goes
I have this current setup
3.4ghz p4 cpu clocked at 3.0ghz
400w psu
asus ptgd1-la mobo
And a ati x300 gpu
I was wondering if anyone had a guide to do a pencil mod on this gpu
please dont say buy a better gpu or thats old as i am only 13 and i dont get pocket money but i do know a lot about computers but i dont have a soldering iron and i would just like to mod what i have and if it frys my bday is coming soon and all buy another one:):):):D

Associate
OP
Back of gpu

sv5o4l.jpg

Associate
It looks like no one has experience of doing that mod here. Have you tried googling around and seeing if there is any guides or forums about exactly this?

Associate
As a general rule, pencil mods arent very advantageous, and the increase is minimal at best, plus the chance of bricking the card by overvaulting it accidentally. If I were you, as others have suggested I would wait a bit until you can get something more powerful.

P.S I have performed a few pencil mods before. and only two have yielded noticable performance increases, both of which were on ATI 4 series GPU's, and that was only about 4 frames tops. There is really no point.

Man of Honour
The thing is, it's such an old card and a low end one at that, there probably are'nt any mods for it. Most mods are for mid to high end cards. Any gains are going to be minimal anyway as it's such a low end card. No chance of increasing the voltage using afterburner?

Associate
If i am correct that GPU is popwered from the PCI bus? not from a 6 pin connector or anything else? if so i wouldnt recommend you attempt it at all, if you go wrong you could brick the motherboard aswell...

Back
Top Bottom