x34p should I keep it?

Associate
I bought a x34p and I'm 50/50 betrween return it or keep it. I know I didn't win a panel lottery coz my model has backlight bleed with disturbing yellow light taking nearly half of the screen, does all x34p suffer from this? the left side is worst then the right one? My monitor have been made in March 2018 and S/N ends woth 01, does this mean it is Rev 01? G-sync and 120hz overclock works great, colors are ok with a little bit wormer on the left side again. Games look very good apart of dark scenes.

2cfrqyf.jpg

x4kz5.jpg

Soldato
Hard to say. Pictures always tend to show it worse than it actually is. How is it when you're gaming/viewing content? Does it distract you? Almost every IPS panel suffers with this, but to varying degrees. If it's obvious outside of a solid black screen in a dark room (which doesn't represent how you use your monitor), then I'd return it.

Associate
OP
I would say the bottom left corner is the worst and it is visible even while gaming. Do you recommend to return it coz all of x34p have that left side of the monitor issue or try luck and replace it? were newer revision better or the same as 01?

Soldato
Yeah like the others have said, if its bothering you return it, if it looks fine when your actually using it for games then enjoy it. The next one you get might be exactly the same, might be worse, or might be better.

Soldato
I would say the bottom left corner is the worst and it is visible even while gaming. Do you recommend to return it coz all of x34p have that left side of the monitor issue or try luck and replace it? were newer revision better or the same as 01?

If it's visible when gaming and bothers you, then return/replace it. They won't all be that bad. Buying a monitor is a lottery!

Soldato
35 brightness
45 contrast
gamma 2.2
g48
r48
b50
ouch.. i thought you were one of those who crank the brightness to max.. so many does this with IPS panels and it always leads to Glow issues. I would say that if its distracting doing the evening watching a darker movie it would be a return for me.. No way would i personally accept that much glow. Its very difficult to get an IPS that is glow free so some is to be expected but it shouldnt ruin the users experience.

Soldato
Thinking I'm about to boycott all PC monitors and get a TV instead. Every single one is a complete POS bleed/glow ridden dust filled mess.

Permabanned
Looks pretty much normal to be honest.

I agree, that's mostly glow. I can maybe see a bit of bleed in the bottom right just to the left of the corner. That white shine peeking up. Not sure if the curved screen exaggerates the glow or makes it hard to reduce through brightness controls. Just a matter of personal sensitivity.

If in doubt, take it back. No sense being stuck with something that drives you crazy.

Permabanned
Thinking I'm about to boycott all PC monitors and get a TV instead. Every single one is a complete POS bleed/glow ridden dust filled mess.

I enjoy using my 65" C7P OLED from time to time, but always have to be mindful to avoid burn-in. Until HDMI 2.1 interfaces are added, you have to go 1080p to get 120Hz or just stick to 4k/60. HDR is lovely on that screen, and the big format is pretty immersive. It definitely has more of an arcade feel.

Maybe 2019 models will add the HDMI 2.1 support.

Associate
OP
new picture taken:
monitor Brightness 30, contrast 50, gamma 1,9
camera ISO 800

funny enough picture looks much better then in real, yellow glow is much more visible and disturbing.

zkr86d.jpg

sadly the glow is still visible in games, tried Destiny 2 yestarday and it was ugly, dark scenes do not exist on the left side of the monitor

looks like there is no monitor for me on the market ... tried HP Omen, Acer z35p, Acer z34p and 3 (yes 3!!!) AOC ag352ucg6 ... all of them were cheaply made and with rather severe blb or ghosting.
ultrawide monitors are years behind a tvs and pc hardware in general, QC is shockig and still they ask premium price for it, god knows wy

Soldato
looks like there is no monitor for me on the market ... tried HP Omen, Acer z35p, Acer z34p and 3 (yes 3!!!) AOC ag352ucg6 ... all of them were cheaply made and with rather severe blb or ghosting.
ultrawide monitors are years behind a tvs and pc hardware in general, QC is shockig and still they ask premium price for it, god knows wy

I know your pain, having been through the same myself. It's utterly infuriating and quite depressing really. The upcoming LG 34GK950G might fare better.

Soldato
Just curious, where are you buying these from? Is it that certain rainforest? Seems like wherever you bought from doesn't mind you returning all these. :D

new picture taken:
monitor Brightness 30, contrast 50, gamma 1,9
camera ISO 800

funny enough picture looks much better then in real, yellow glow is much more visible and disturbing.

sadly the glow is still visible in games, tried Destiny 2 yestarday and it was ugly, dark scenes do not exist on the left side of the monitor

Soldato
Were your AOC's black editions or the earlier model?

It really puts me off buying ultrawide g-sync. I've seen a few of the Samsung freesync ultrawides through various friends, and none of them suffer with these issues. Of course, they may just have been lucky as I'm sure they have their share of issues as well.

Associate
OP
Were your AOC's black editions or the earlier model?

It really puts me off buying ultrawide g-sync. I've seen a few of the Samsung freesync ultrawides through various friends, and none of them suffer with these issues. Of course, they may just have been lucky as I'm sure they have their share of issues as well.

yes m8 it was the new version with 120hz panel

Back
Top Bottom