X570 Aorus Ultra USB Issue

Soldato
Hi everyone :)

I've got a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra (Rev1) WiFi edition. Ive only just recently upgraded to it, coming from an Asus X370 board, I've also upgraded from a 3600 to a 5700X3D.

I've encountered some issues with connecting various USB devices and I've run out of ideas. Plugging in a regular usb 2 mouse and keyboard is absolutely fine, however when I plug in more usb devices like a microphone or Bluetooth adapter dongle then all the devices start disconnecting and reconnecting. Plugging in a usb drive or external SSD and the system either does not recognise the device or immediately disconnects it after recognising it for a split second. Should note I am running Windows 10 latest version.

What I've tried so far is:
- Updating the BIOS to the latest version
- Reverting all BIOS settings back to default
- Updating all chipset drivers
- In the BIOS setting all PCI-E devices to gen 3 not gen 4
- Rolling back to my previous CPU
- Removing all attached storage bar the OS boot drive

Any help would be greatly appreciated because at this stage I'm going to have to remove the new motherboard and install the old one as that worked perfectly.

I've read on a few occasions that disabling c-states has fixed the issue for people. Worth a go at this point.

Also removing the front panel headers to test in case it's low quality wiring/insulation from the case manufacturer.

Just tried those and doesn't seem to have made a difference :(

Found the option in the BIOS to disable global c-states (only c stage option I could easily find).

I've currently got in the back connected via usb my mouse, keyboard and microphone, when plugging in a 4th device, say a usb drive it disables a random existing device (ie mouse) and the drive is not found.

I've seen some suggest it may be a power issue, the board has a 4+4 pin CPU connector and another 4 pin, I've only got the 4+4 connected as my power supply doesn't have an additional 4+4 pin connector, I cant believe this would be the issue however given I already tried it with a 3600 that has a 65w tdp.

I've seen some suggest it may be a power issue
Keep in mind that the 'hubs' can share power between them rather than just between ports and some hubs can provide more power than others.

The disconnecting issue was really widespread on AM4 for awhile, but I think AMD mostly patched it out because I haven't heard much about it on the forums for a very long time.

There are some interesting threads/comments out there still, like this one:

Back
Top Bottom