• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X850XT heatsink removal

Associate
Well it's not like you are doing anything drastic to the card, so there's no reason why it shouldn't fit straight back on. My old 9800Pro original hsf fiitted back no problem when it needed to.

I'd be interested in the increase in your case temps after you fit the zalman. I'm considering replacing the stock cooler on my card, and was put off by the zalman not exhausting straight out the back of case like say an arctic cooler would do (or indeed the stock cooler). However, it looks like my asus card has a non-standard power connector which puts me off the arctic cooler...mmm problems, problems :(

Associate
OP
I done a 9700pro before which had push-pins which wouldn't go back the same, guess I nipped em too hard.
Reviews and comment shere suggest it not a problem having no exhaust.
I not a fan of the arctic coolers, they cheaper and not so good quality, tho do job ok.

Last edited:
Soldato
ive removed a 850xtpe cooler before (same i think) and theres no reason why it shouldnt go bakc on, it would be fiddly, but it would work

Back
Top Bottom