Xampp and Joomla issues...

Soldato
Hi guys,

Despite my personal feelings on the matter I've had to install Xammp and Joomla onto my computer in order to complete a college assignment, however despite Xammp and joomla installing with no problems I am now unable to uninstall templates that I wish to edit and cannot get Filezilla to run...

Filezilla tells me its busy and shuts down, its only been since Filezilla refuses to run that I have been unable to to uninstall templates etc in Joomla,

I've googled it but cannot seem to find the answer!

What are you using to run your computer as a webserver? Apache? WebMatrix?

The only reason I can think of using FileZilla is that you're running Joomla on an external web server. It's not needed for a website running on your PC.

I think its a fair bet he/she is talking about Filezilla Server which is part of the Xampp bundle.

You can try navigating to the FileZilla directory in your Xampp installation and starting it manually, it might give you a better clue as to why its not working.

Having said that its surprising that Joomla feels it needs to use FTP in a local environment. Try going to into the server settings in the Joomla config and turning off FTP.

Back
Top Bottom