Xbox 360 or ps3

Associate
Yesterday I got my first RROD on my xbox 360 which was then followed by another 10 mins later and another not long after that one. So it's safe to say my xbox is on it's last legs, which isn't bad considering i bought it a few months after the 360 was released.

I was looking for another 360 but I noticed that the ps3 is the same price as a 360 now so I was thinking about switching sides. I bought a 360 because I preferred the exclusives but now it seems like the ps3 has the edge in exclusives. I haven't had a playstation since the original so I'm unsure on what they are like now compared to a 360.

You hear a lot about how the cross platforms games are often worse on the ps3, so are they really that bad or is it just a few games?

Also I use my 360 a lot for video services like sky player and netflix etc, so how is that on the ps3?

So what would you guys advise I do, stick with 360 or go ps3?

Associate
OP
If you want to play online with friends primarily I would probably choose the 360. If you're only going to be playing single player, or online but without friends then I'd get a PS3. Less of the PS3 exclusives make their way to PC.

I usually just play singleplayer games on the console and MP on pc. The ps3 seems to have more of the games I'm interested in such as god of war, infamous, and heavy rain where as the 360 exclusives like gears and halo have never really been my type of game. The ones that are like mass effect end up going cross platform anyway.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm leaning more towards ps3 as it would be nice for a change and to finally have a blu ray player. I was thinking of picking up a older model 2nd hand, do they have any issues like the 360 or are they ok?

Associate
OP
What I'm gathering from you guys is that ps3 is better for singleplayer and as a media centre which is what I'm looking for in a console. So thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom