Xbox 360 or upgrade pc?

Associate
I know another xbox thread!
Anyway, i can buy a 360 for £300 or spend that much upgrading pc?
current spec is amb2500xp, 1gb ram, radion 9800 pro.

Whats most cost effiecient?

Soldato
Gadge said:
Whats most cost effiecient?

The xbox360 is going be the most cost effiecient in no need to upgrade it again for like 4 years..(unless you swap it for a ps3 went they come out).
But i normally find xbox360 games are about twice the price of PC games..(over here in the channel islands they are)

About £42ea for xbox360 games
About £24ea for PC games
(But your shops where you buy your games by have very different prices.)

Last edited:
Associate
Well 280 quid will get you a top end GPU to add to your system, you will probably still need a better CPU to get xbox like graphics but itll be close.

For 280, either platform will look almost the same I'd imagine, I'd go for the one you prefer the games on, or the one thats most convienient if the games dont bother you (I'd sooner play games with a pad, but people love keyboards for some reason :D)

Soldato
Forget about cost efficency and any fan boy comments that are likely to appear.

Look at the games out/coming out for each platform.

If you like the look of the 360 games lineup, get that.

If you like the PC game line up, spend the money on upgrdes.

Easy really.:)

Associate
Upgrade the PC! Don't forget you'll be paying £50 per game for the x-box. Also when the ps2 comes out prices are bound to fall. A PC is also so much more useful, and upgradable machine.

Soldato
As above,

Look at the lineup of games that you like, if their on the xbox 360 get one.

If not upgrade the pc.

I have both, and to be honest the pc gets more use due to bf2 and other fps2 cod2 on the xbox 360 though lol.

Also remember 360 games are around the £50 mark.

Caporegime
Its not £50 per game, as the likes of Tesco's do em for £32. :)

Suppose it could be wether you want to spend anywhere up to £500 every couple of months for the latest graphics card to run the latest games, or just make a one off payment of £280 to last you a few years. :)

Your gona have to spend a lot more than £280 now to upgrade your PC so that its about on par with the 360 as you need a faster CPU, another mobo, and something like an x1900 XTX/7900 GTX, plus another gig of ram, comes to a lot more than £280 in my book, and then your gona have to spend about the same all over again a few more months down the line to stay up to date, but as said its up to you, depends which system has the games you want to play. :)

Ive got an A64 3500+, x1800 XT 512mb, 2 gb Ram etc... all going to waste as i have not one single game installed, all i use my PC for is the internet, i game on my 360, aint really gamed on my PC for about 4 years, only game i used my x1800 for was Fear, im serioulsy considering just getting shot of the lot, and just building a PC thats capabale of running of the internet. :)

Last edited:
Associate
If you need to have a game console, wait for the PS3

But, personally, the graphics will become outdated when nVidia release their next series and PC graphics will be better again. Also, there seems to be better support for games on PC's at the moment.

Also remeber, the 360 is just a computer designed for gaming, put in a smaller unit. Main difference, one is upgradable, one isn't.

Associate
OP
think i'll get an xbox, been told xboxs are safe for 2yrs. My pc will cost a lot more to upgrade, plus its best to wait 15months then upgrade the pc, cual cpus and such should have lowered in price by then.

Yes i want a ps3 also, but i read game developers dont like the blueray format, so that may attract the developers to the xbox.

Even still i can buy an xbox now and sell it later on, not loosing too much on it.

TK1

TK1

Associate
I cant see why people like consoles? PC for games is better on all fronts Gameplay, Graphics, Upgradability & of course multiplayer

Games like WOW, Battlefield 2 & CSS make the PC the only choice for me.

But on the otherhand if you cant afford a "top" PC for gameing than a console is your best bet but that would be my only reason.

TK. :)

Back
Top Bottom