xbox 360 weird problem

Associate
Typical, I always get the weird ones, searched Google and couldn't come across this. I don't know if this is the game or the hardware, I was playing PGR3 quite happily and I went onto the next level and the polygons went all strange, weird textures everywhere, almost like they had loaded in the wrong place. The dashboard seemed fine, and the game interface, just the gameplay had weird poly gons. I restarted the sonsole and it seemed fine.

Another weird one was playing GRAW. The first time round the screen went a little fuzzy, like when you go out of area, but it kept getting worse, and I went to the dashboard and it was still fuzzy. Again a reboot fixed it. The fuzzing went away, and the graphics seemed fine, but when I zoomed in on an enemy with the sniper he kept blinking in and out, so strange. Not sure what to do as it's such a weird problem lol.

Associate
OP
Yeah that's the same PGR3 issue I had. Looks like the same track as well, maybe it's a game fault. Should I take it back and get a swap? Only bought it last weekend! :(

Associate
OP
Just take it back and demand a refund or a replacement DO NOT settle for Microsoft picking it up or you will be waiting much much longer.
I'm not very good with these issues, do you think Game will give me a swap as it was only last weekend?

Associate
OP
Yes, just take a couple of snaps of the problem on a digital camera then box it up and take it down there and plonk it on the till and say you are returning it under the Sale of Goods Act due to it not being fit for sale
I'll try, trouble is it hasn't done it in a while. Is it possible the problem could be caused by overheating? Mine is in a cabinet so it wouldn't surprise me. Even if it doesn't glitch again I'm always going to wonder, as it did happen once! It will probably happen right at a crucial moment in a game!

Associate
OP
Most of that is right apart from the 12 month bit, your rights to a replacement are not limited to a 12 month period.

MB

So if I take it back, they HAVE to replace it, even if it doesn;t replicate the fault in store? I'll try and get some digi pics.

Associate
OP
Wow VIRII, thanks mate. I just phoned them and they said they will swap it anyway, I wouldn't bother repacking an xbox for no reason, I would much rather it just work.

Thanks everyone

Associate
OP
I don't know, it just wound me up because I paid £400 and it was doing weird things. As for your gamer profile, I took my console back to Game (not even the box) and the guy put my hard drive on the new console for me so I could keep my stuff!

Associate
OP
Then he sulked a lot and refused to talk to me. Then he started shaking and called security who called the police when I refused to leave the shop until I got my replacement and so on and so on.
It's when they call the special forces and then the army that you want to start thinking about leaving :p

That's not on though mate, when you spend near £400 on a console you want it to at least work properly! It's worth trying a different store, because I called my original store and they said they 'might' be able to swap it, so then I called my local store and they said yeah swap it over no problem. So there can't be a policy, it must be down to their level of customer service?!

edit: sorry mate, just missed the last bit. Just goes to show I guess! They can help if they really want to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom