XBOX Gamepass Ultimate conversion is back for £1

When mine expires I will just get the cheapest tier for the live service as well, and buy my games I want to play. I don't really take advantage or get the time to play all the offerings as it is, same goes for the Playstation service.

Last edited:
My GPU sub doesn’t run out until November 2026, so this news doesn’t impact me in the short term. But it does reinforce my stance to leave the Games Pass / Xbox ecosystem thereafter. For the last decade, Xbox’s 1st party output has been poor in terms of quality … I’d prefer to buy ( and own ) the few worthy games outright than pay for a catalog of filler titles, the majority of which I’ll never touch.

As things stand I will likely sell my Series X next year - after the likes of Indiana Jones, Perfect Dark etc have been released to see if they are up to par. Even then, I will have my PC to access the Xbox library should I desire. Also, I’m sitting on 120k MS Reward points right now and will continue to earn them until the end of the year, at which point I will make a decision on how to spend them … in the past I’d keep GPU topped up and use the excess to buy games, but I’m 99% certain this time I’ll be converting them to Amazon vouchers ( likely around £100 ) and will put that toward buying the new Switch console - thanks Microsoft!

Mine ran out 2 weeks ago....so now I am free.

Can you be more specific on where you bought each element from?

Where did you get the 36mons core and 1 month ultimate?

Thanks
You can get all that at cdkeys, using UK/EU/WW codes to avoid messing about with a VPN:
3 x 12 months core = 108
1 x 1 month ultimate = 8

36 months core converts at 3:2 giving you 24 months ultimate for 116. (4.84/month)

Last edited:
You can get all that at cdkeys, using UK/EU/WW codes to avoid messing about with a VPN:
3 x 12 months core = 108
1 x 1 month ultimate = 8

36 months core converts at 3:2 giving you 24 months ultimate for 116. (4.84/month)

and if using VPN, does that still work and which country is the best? Last time I did it 3 years ago it was Brazil.

and if using VPN, does that still work and which country is the best? Last time I did it 3 years ago it was Brazil.
India is available for about 20 /year for core, but I wouldn't fancy risking those sites tbh

Last edited:
Yeah i did it the cdkeys way. Previous 3 year stint was over VPN and felt risky. This was just stick a few codes in the MS website job done

Why is it all good things come to an end :(

I remember only 2-3 years back we were getting gold > ultimate conversion 1:1 and the Xbox rewards program was really worthwhile doing to get points to pay for your sub, I mean I think it still is but I remember it being much better at building up your points faster.

I know its just one of them things to get people signing up for the long term, but it just sucks when we know we had it so good not that long ago.

Last edited:
Let me know if you decide to go down the VPN route, how it goes please? Mine ran out a few months ago but thinking back, I didn't use it much as I only have PS5 + PC, so I'm not sure if it's worthwhile for me.

I am still thinking....I've hardly game anymore and honestly play retro game and my steamdeck more. Sitting down in front of the TV I don't really use the Xbox. The last game I finished on the Xbox with Gamepass was Hades.

I used VPN route a month ago, bought 6x6mnth india subs and then converted to games pass with a 1 month sub. Cost about £50 for 2 years for two xboxes.
Changed over main xbox account to second xbox so both xboxes have access to it.

Why is it all good things come to an end :(

I remember only 2-3 years back we were getting gold > ultimate conversion 1:1 and the Xbox rewards program was really worthwhile doing to get points to pay for your sub, I mean I think it still is but I remember it being much better at building up your points faster.

I know its just one of them things to get people signing up for the long term, but it just sucks when we know we had it so good not that long ago.

Greed.

It does seem a shame given how good Game Pass was for a while. And particularly the nerfing of Rewards. I didn't even do it that religiously and still built up just shy of 500k points over the 6 years I used it. That paid for a lot of MS Credit and therefore some very cheap games. I am still logging onto the main page but only do the three main daily tasks. And that's it. At some point I will stop bothering.

Price increases, particularly with COD coming were inevitable but given we had them so recently last September, it feels brutal. I'm not a huge fan of subscriptions as it doesn't suit my play style of coming back to games, wanting to try DLC, or even the games I want to play being on the services. That said I can see for some people it works. And if Microsoft can improve the cadence for releases with COD, Indy, Avowed, Flight Sim '24, Fable, Doom etc. then maybe they can be more successful with signing new people up to GP. As someone on Youtube said, you only need these people to stay subscribed for 3 or 4 months and you've already had more profit out of them if they are just signing up for COD.

That said for me it's too late. A few weeks ago I sold the Series X as I want to consolidate the number of services I buy into. I still have GPU until March '26 and need to catch-up on a few Gears games that I can play on the PC service, but otherwise felt relieved I'm not having to deal with this set of price increases (I know Sony and Nintendo will do something in the future). I do wonder if they finally close down the 3 to 2 year conversion at some point. Feels like that's inevitable too.

EDIT: Another annoyance that killed my enthusiasm for GPU is the 'day six' releases for the major games unless you pay for a premium upgrade. That tiering of the service completely flies against the games being day and date. It isn't early access, just delaying the releases for the people unwilling to pay. And I'm sure will only get worse as it's very successful strategy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom