1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox One X died after 368 days

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by juno_first, Oct 10, 2018.

1. juno_first

Wise Guy

Not a Scorpio model but soon after.
    It’s been running fine even with a Kinect & external drive then when turning on it sometimes shows a E105 error. Then after a few resets & wiping the Xbox it won’t boot up again.
    Even reflashed stock firmware from a USB key.
    Also with just having shadow tomb raider installed it would give an error that I need to clear local storage, after it reset I’d deffo get the E105 error.
    Also if disable Cortana it would reset & give the E105.

It sounds like a hard drive fault to me?

Anyway Microsoft thinks their 2 year warranty runs out 01/01/19 so I have arranged a repair from a local UPS & I have a shipping label for Germany.
    My question is do I just give UPS the console in its box with no PSU / joypad?
    Thanks

Fingers crossed I’ll get it back in time for red dead 2 :D

2. Mattyjw

Hitman

Well at least it is still in warranty, Normally you just send the faulty item, but it should be in the instructions on the site.

3. Shawreyboy

Hitman

I sent mine for repair literally last month. Took 2 and a bit weeks. If you get it sent now it may be back in time for RDR2.

Just sent the Xbox on its own. Literally no accessories - not even the power cable.

Shawrey

4. juno_first

Wise Guy

Thanks will get it sent tonight.
    Was tempted stick a 2tb internal in tho

5. juno_first

Wise Guy

Just dropped it off at UPS. I was not instilled with the greatest confidence as they said receipts are not given anymore & they’re just sending it in the original box.
    I left it with the lid not taped as it would likely be airfreight so they could check the contents but they didn’t so I asked them to tape the lid up.

Jees, when I used to work for DHL they were paranoid about security & would have checked it at reception.
    Anyway if it don’t come back I’m going PlayStation so can multiplay with mates.

6. Heisenberg

Wise Guy

368 days? Wasn't it released in November last year? How can their 2 year warranty run out in January 2019?

7. juno_first

Wise Guy

Damn November? I took the date from Game.co.uk website which must have been the date I ordered it then.

[​IMG]