• Series S

Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 25.9%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Fallout 4 Nextgen native update is now out. Downloading now on SX. Could not see a thread for it but might be worth creating one for the replayers and newcomers, especially around mods etc.

Soldato
I don't quite understand the patch notes for Fallout 4

seems to say if connected to a 1440p display that is 60fps Ultra which ever setting ?

what about a 1080p display- same ? would be odd if was only specifically 1440p rather than 1440p or lower

Soldato
Fallout 4 Nextgen native update is now out. Downloading now on SX. Could not see a thread for it but might be worth creating one for the replayers and newcomers, especially around mods etc.
I'll be replaying it, Platinumed it and 99% (did all the DLC apart from the silly Nuka World collect 100,000 tickets trophy) on PS4 back on release. I bought the GOTY edition for £9 when it was on sale a week ago. Hopefully get back into it tonight.

Soldato
I'll be replaying it, Platinumed it and 99% (did all the DLC apart from the silly Nuka World collect 100,000 tickets trophy) on PS4 back on release. I bought the GOTY edition for £9 when it was on sale a week ago. Hopefully get back into it tonight.
I started it yesterday but only really up to Sanctuary but will reload before leaving the vault again as I had simply stuck 4 in every attribute. After watching a few beginners guides, that approach is somewhat foolish and I need to spec according to a play-style (preferably something stealthy / sniper).

Soldato
This is a stupid question but I can't remember if I bought a game or not. Is there a way to see a list of games you own? I have Elder Scrolls Online installed but I'm not sure if I have the Gold Road expansion. Looking at the Xbox website it doesn't say I own it when I go to the store page so I'm assuming I don't own it but I don't want to accidentally pay twice.

Soldato
I might check it out in light of this. It's just such an investment of time though, isn't it?

Soldato
Like most Bethesda games, you can generally stampede through the main quest line and forget about everything else but that rather spoils it considering it likely has 50+ hours of interesting side content.
I might take it on as a bit of a slow burn. How long is the main quest? 25 hours?

Soldato
I have just ordered Call of Duty - Vanguard as I love anything WW2 and despite playing it on Multiplayer (On PS4) I’ve never touched the campaign.

Fancying a quick play through and to then stick it on eBay or Marketplace.

Last edited:
Associate
If the PS5 Pro rumours are true do you think Microsoft might look into a Series X Pro?

There isn't much point tbh. The 2 tier system doesn't work as been proven by the complaints of the series s

Also Xbox would then have a 3 tier system if they bring out a pro which would be untenable and upset existing owners and really annoy developers.

Associate
The grumblings I hear about the playstation and current release schedule being less than stellar I can't see the pro being commercially successful.

Along with next gen replacement supposedly due in around 26, I dunno, I can't see the point in Sony wasting money on this

Its about monetising the consumer base. Same reason the pro controllers or tiering of everything happens now. I'm not sure we ever saw or got reliable sales figures for the PS4 Pro but it will appeal to those hardcore users and must have been successful enough for Sony to have brought a PS5 Pro to market. It also debuts their new proprietary upscaling tech which could be significant when the next-gen comes around (Digital Foundry made this point when talking about PS5 Pro).

My assumption is that Microsoft just aren't selling enough consoles to make it viable (something people forget is Xbox One got off to a flyer in sales terms) and their existing SKUs make it difficult for them to do so. There were also rumour of them being behind Sony when it came to commercials with AMD which just add further fuel to this 'misdirection, change of strategy or mis-management' (whichever of these it is). I also think 2026 would be too early for both (particularly as GTA VI should still be going gang busters) and would be 2027/28 as previously mooted in the FTC leaks. Unless Microsoft's has changed strategy and wants to do something different with Xbox.

Soldato
I have the Xbox One version of GTA V and I'm wondering if it is worth buying the Series X version for £35? I do enjoy GTA games and if it comes with better graphics and faster frame rate I'll get it.

Back
Top Bottom