• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

XFX HD4850 xxx edition. Crashing in Warhammer

Associate
Hi

I have a new rig with the above card installed.

I am playing a trial version of Warhammer Online and it keeps crashing to a screen of vertical beige bars after 10 or so minutes of playing. I have to do a hard reset as the PC is completely frozen.

I also played Far Cry 2 which came free with my processor, and in one particular part of the game early on I experienced exactly the same crash, but after restarting a few times I got through this particular area and the game now runs fine.

I have no idea what is causing it. I played left 4 dead with no problems

I am running XP until I can get the funds for a new OS next month

Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R Intel X58 (Socket 1366) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard

XFX ATI Radeon HD 4850 "XXX Edition" 512MB GDDR3

OCZ Gold 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3

Coolermaster Real Power 520w Modular Power Supply

Hi

I downloaded gpu-z.

It crashed again in Warhammer and the log file just before shows temps of between 40-48c for all values. I have the side of the case open as well so not sure if it's a heat thing...

Same Issue

Yes, I ran Furmark twice and there is a lockup when the card hits 60c.

Will check again but it looks like RMA time, thanks for pointing me to your thread!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom