XP Login Profile Dissapeared

Associate
Since day 1 I've used the default administrator profile to log into xp. So long short i made a new profile yesterday to try and solve a tech problem and now my original login profile does not appear

It pops up in safe mode but not in regular boot - I can't delete the new profile and have no idea how to get my original profile working again:confused::mad:

Soldato
Sounds normal to me.

The default admin hides when you've made an account and of course you're not allowed to delete an account you're currently on otherwise your computer would implode.

I say hi to mine on the rare occasions I have to use safe mode, just see another admin account appear on the sign in screen :)

Can't delete the new account in safe mode?

Associate
OP
Nah I can't delete it in safe because I set the new one up as an admin - it tells me i can't delete the only admin account even though there is still the default.

Total pain as all my bookmards/passwords etc. are gone

Associate
Nah I can't delete it in safe because I set the new one up as an admin - it tells me i can't delete the only admin account even though there is still the default.

Total pain as all my bookmards/passwords etc. are gone

You need another Admin account as Windows doesn't include the default Administrator account in that statement as it's mean to be for all intensive purposes, hidden from the user only for when it's needed.

PR.

PR.

Associate
I believe MS's TweakUI has an option to show the Administrator account on the Welcome Screen.

Failing that, as has already been said press Ctrl+Alt+Del twice and set the username as Administrator and the password blank (assuming you didn't have an administrator password) and that should let you in

Back
Top Bottom