XP64 Free trial - burn error

Associate
I've downloaded the free trial from Microsoft's emailed link twice now and burning the iso to disc has failed twice. I think it failed in the same place, around 17% complete.

This was with ONES burning software. Now, has anyone else experienced this, is this a wierd burning software clitch or shall I download it AGAIN?

Soldato
I wouldnt have thought it was the download, especially if it's happened twice. Try some different software perhaps.. alcohol120% burns ISO's so you could give that a try, i've never had any problems with it :)

edit: ^ ^ or nero yeh, i've got that on another pc and is really straight forward, good program :cool:

Associate
OP
Cheers, it is wierd. I mean ONES burns isos, how can that not work? Anyway, will have to buy some CDRs today, can't borrow more from my housemate "just to test" :) and wil give something else a go.

Associate
OP
Not entirely sure what the problem was, ended up burning the ISO file itself to disc and copying it to the destination machine (that has no network driver yet) and burning it from there with CloneCD.

XP64 installed fine, got it working last night. Then I came home from a night out at 2am and started messing with uxtheme.dll and managed to stop it from booting into normal and safe mode :rolleyes: Did a repair, and now the video driver won't reinstall and things have messed up generally so have to reinstall again tonight :D

Thanks for help

Back
Top Bottom