Xspc TX series ultra slim radiators

Associate
I ordered an XSPC TX 360 rad from somewhere else and for reasons unknown the courier has lost it or delivered it to the wrong place or something.

So while the delivery company is searching for my parcel i've had time to search for reviews of the ultra slim TX series and I havent found a single one.

I bought it because i wanted to completely hide the rad and fans in the roof of my pc-o7s without modding the case and i think it is slim enough to make that happen. But if its terrible and doesnt live up to the marketing claims then it doesnt matter how good having an invisible rad would look.

Does anybody have any hands on experience with these radiators? Are you able to compare them to something like the Hardware labs GTS for example?

I'm starting to question whether ordering the TX over something proven like the GTS was a good idea. Time spent waiting is not my friend.

Associate
OP
Going to replace the planned Alphacool ST30 120 in my current project with the the XSPC TX120 because that 10mm thickness shaved off is going to be a godsend. In fact, TX120 + Noctua's NF A12x15 is only going to be 5mm thicker than the Alpahcool rad alone :D

Gonna watch out for the test results...

I was thinking the same about the noctuas. Could even test an ultra slim push pull vs a regular push.
I know people will say one will be better than the other but without actually testing it theres no way to be sure.

Obviously this is a niche case but extra choice in the slim rad market is great.

Associate
OP
Heres the first review I've found.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/XSPC/TX360/

Overall positive both in terms of price and performance for the size compared to other slim rads like the Hardwarelabs models.

EDIT: written by VSG so i'm assuming this is the expected thermalbench review that @XSPCPAUL mentioned, since VSG does both thermalbench and techpowerup stuff.

EDIT: A word.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I would have liked to have seen how the rad does in push pull vs push or pull.

Not required i'm sure, nor the intended use case with it being designed for builds where space is at a premium, but having more info can't hurt.

Associate
OP
I have one of these and it looks like the 30mm screws supplied with it are a bit long imo.

I am using silent wings 3 fans with it which are the standard 25mm depth.
The gap from the screw holes to the fins is only about 3mm with the holes at the corners being even less.

I really wouldn't fancy tightening the screws fully without filing then down a few mm first.
Good to know. Perhaps using a few spacers would also do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom