Yellow line down my monitor.

Soldato
ok, my screen has suddenly got a yellow line down it. Here's a screen shot and some paint skills to show what i mean:

Untitled-13.jpg

I'm pretty sure the screens had it as Ive already tested it on another PC and it was the same. Shot in the dark for a easy fix really, or at least an explanation as to what it is.

Thanks in advance guys.

Associate
If it varies in colour depending on what is on the screen, it may be a fault with the panel itself.
If it is a permanent yellow as pictured in the screeny, it might be something less serious.
No idea about servicing on PC screens though, I would give the manufacturer a call.

Man of Honour
Possible memory failure on the gfx crd?

EDIT: Ignore that, just realised you've tried it on an other machine. What happens if you use a different cable or try a different resolution?

Caporegime
I had this happen on a viewsonic vx2025 a few years ago, i tried different graphics cards and cables but still no joy, ended up geting it replaced by viewsonic for a new monitor.

Associate
seen it quite a few times with tft and laptop screens. i dont know how the tft panel works so i cant explain it but you will be looking to get a new monitor i'm aftraid :(

Soldato
We have this quite a bit at work with varying colours that appear. You will need a new one as it's like a dead pixel line that appears. Don't ask me why a line appears like that over the single dead pixels, just advised by Samsung this was the case when we had a few of theirs die.

Back
Top Bottom