(Yet another) spec me a Monitor thread...

Soldato
Sorry guys. ;)

Anyhow, I have £200 sat here for a new monitor. I'm currently without as I donated my old one to the girlfriend (long story).

I use my computer for a balance of web surfing and gaming, and I also watch the odd DVD.

Now, the budget above is negotiable if the monitor recommended is good, but not by too much (no more than an extra £100 really).

So er... what should I be looking at? I'm edging towards the Dell screens - the 2007WFP in particular looks brilliant. Is it a good choice?

Soldato
Samsung SM-226BW, mate just got one, absolutely brilliant monitor. Over your budget but worth it imo, the 2007WFP would be a good choice, I've not had any bad experience with the better dell monitors.

Associate
Afraid I would not call the Samsung brilliant, may have been when "S" or "A" panel but with the unbranded panels with poor (if any) calibration at factory I would certainly look at other options. Mine also has 3 stuck pixels.

Samsung is okay but not as impressive (IMHO) as a lot of people make out.
For some reason it has also increased in price, I got mine from OC but tbh if I had known it would be a generic one I would have gone elsewhere and saved £50.

Soldato
Jimmi said:
Just got a LG L226WTQ .........money well spent in my book!

quoted for truth, cracking monitor gets my vote.

so many people wanting a widescreen monitor these days and have a budget around £200, their should be a sticky "looking for a cracking 22" widescreen monitor for around about £200, get the lg 226WTQ". :D

Soldato
This monitor is slightly over your budget at £229 but what I have read from other users they seem to love it and I will be getting one myself later when I upgrade my rig [depending on how much money I have left in my pocket! :eek:]. The monitor in question is HP2207 and here is some information about it..

Features:

• Enjoy a brilliant and immersive widescreen viewing experience, thanks to this impressive 22-inch wide flat panel monitor with HP BrightView Technology which makes colours richer and pictures sharper
  • Thanks to its height adjustable foot and rotating screen, you can easily maximize your viewing area to most demanding needs, while enjoying superb image quality in 1680x1050 resolution, with 1000:1 contrast, and fast 5ms response time
  • A unique style and best in class ergonomics make it easy to adjust the monitor to work and play comfortably. You can also save space and personalize your monitor with Easy Clip by clipping on accessories connected to your 2-usb hub
  • My Display software and QuickView one-touch button will provide you with easy and convenient adjustment of your HP display performance, whether it is connected using its Digital (DVI input with HDCP) or Analog input

For some pictures.. http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17723077&page=2&pp=30 Just scroll down a few posts and there it is.. ;)

Cheers
Tom

Back
Top Bottom