Yikes, F@H not sending results

Associate
....just got home and my pooters have not been able to send results to Stamford, keep getting the same message on all machines

[06:33:47] Completed 100
[06:34:47]
[06:34:47] Finished Work Unit:
[06:34:47] - Reading up to 45408 from "work/wudata_00.trr": Read 45408
[06:34:47] - Reading up to 968628 from "work/wudata_00.xtc": Read 968628
[06:34:47] logfile size: 34707
[06:34:47] Leaving Run
[06:34:51] - Writing 1049815 bytes of core data to disk...
[06:34:52] Done: 1049303 -> 1014564 (compressed to 96.6 percent)
[06:34:52] ... Done.
[06:34:52] - Shutting down core
[06:34:52]
[06:34:52] Folding@home Core Shutdown: FINISHED_UNIT
[06:34:55] CoreStatus = 64 (100)
[06:34:55] Sending work to server

[06:34:55] + Attempting to send results
[06:34:55] Couldn't send HTTP request to server (wininet)
[06:34:55] + Could not connect to Work Server (results)

over and over again, how weird, is there a problem with F@H servers?

Associate
OP
rich99million said:
reboot your router/connection?

are they also not able to get new work?

Very strange, event viewer says there are no problems with connection. I have 4 computers at home but just checked my office through VPN and all is fine, router logs are all OK, weird. None of my home rigs have been able to connect since around 6am this morning.

Soldato
You've not just updated to IE7 or something have you? That's been known to mess with FAH's connection if the clients are set to use IE connection settings :o

It's not unknown for a server or two to be down when you want to return work - however the assignment server will generally assign you to another server to get new work, if you're seeing the same accross all your machines I'd say it has to be something local

Associate
OP
rich99million said:
You've not just updated to IE7 or something have you? That's been known to mess with FAH's connection if the clients are set to use IE connection settings :o

It's not unknown for a server or two to be down when you want to return work - however the assignment server will generally assign you to another server to get new work, if you're seeing the same accross all your machines I'd say it has to be something local

You hit the nail on the head, I have my home machines setup to dld MS updates at more or less the same time, they have updated to IE7, Ill have to go into config to change "use IE settings" after doing a quick trawl of the web.

It would seem that this is more than local as I have quite different machines at home and would point to a gateway issue, thoughts?

Associate
OP
SiriusB said:
Nah, FF is still superior. When I tried IE7 it was on my PC for less than a day!

SiriusB

Always had problems with FF as I could never rid myself of all those stray dll's from IE without a fresh install. On another note, you have just gained yourself an extra day Sirius before I give you the jack boot treatment, slacker. ;)

Associate
OP
rich99million said:

You were quite right about IE7, just changed the client to "use internet explorer settings" no and allis back to normal.

Soldato
Having major headache with this, dispite using IE setting anyway.
Tried config to uninstall, then reinstall service (will download but not upload)
tried saying no then yes to ie setting.
Also not working with WU from home and server - Got about 3k of points that I can't upload :(

Soldato
If you know your proxy settings, assuming you have any, then tell IE to "cram it with walnuts, ugly." The technical answer might be to enter "no". Still, it's worth a try :D

SiriusB

Soldato
Tried the 'no' answer after 'error ##walnuts## does not compute' message :p

Do I need the whole path when asked for proxy name (tried the same as you but in IE setting under LAN but didn't even connect :rolleyes: )

Remember having this issue first time I installed Fah all thoses months ago. went with 'yes' as it just worked.

Could it be because I'm on IE7 and server is still on 6?

Soldato
fumbles said:
Make sure "Use IE settings" is not selected (I assume your not useing a proxy server).

It happens to me sometime, just check *** servers and wait awhile should be right in a couple of days. It wont delete it, it will just keep it for later.

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/serverstat.html

We use a proxy server here.
IE7 also causes problems with some of our software so untill that's patched I'm sticking with 6

Back
Top Bottom