You bought what!!!

Tea Drinker
Don
This is the reason I give up suggesting cars to people.

Mate's got a new job 25,000 miles a year travel, has £3k to spend, I offer him my Mazda 6 and he turns it down as the mileage is too high blah blah blah, then he says he's thinking about financing a small car, as he has a green car policy <120g C02 is good, I suggest a s/h megane 1.5dci as he can't find a 118d or a Bluemotion for his budget.

He phoned me this morning he has secured his perfect 25,000 mile a year car,

Wait for it

Wait

A lowest spec Nissan Pixo brand new :eek:

3 cyl 1ltr 67bhp @ 6000 rpm

And no electric windows or central locking

Words fail me

Did he specifically ask for your opinion or did you just give it anyway? If he did come to you for advice then I can see why you wonder why you wasted the oxygen!

He did, yes.

25,000 miles doing what? Pizza delivery boy?

No Quantity Surveyor in London and living on the South Coast

Is he in a grace period with the dealer at all?

I'm trying to find out and save him

Are you going to show this thread to him to make you feel better about his car purchase?

As Gillys post I'm going to try and save him from himself and if he's in his grace period I'll show him this, if he's balls deep I don't think I'll rub his nose in it

Did he even test drive the Mazda and the Pixo to compare ?

This is the icing on the cake, he's not even driven it, you couldn't make it up!!

He's having to give his company car back and has left it to the last minute and is panicking now, his brother in law is a 'car dealer' and found the car for him, he's agreed it all over the phone and picks the car up this weekend

His brother in law? If this a family that doesn't really get on or did he just not tell the brother in law what the car was to be used for?

Yes I think so, it'll not touch the motorway, it'll be 30 miles on A roads and dual carriage ways then 20 miles of Croydon and north into town

If hes ito green and all that why didnt he just get one of the Seat's that they advertise when your doing the road tax online ? Surely its got to be better than that.

The car policy is based on C02 <120 g roughly £300 pcm then down to 185g +> £160 pcm however going >140 g you only lose £180 pa

Man, 25k miles a year in that. :eek:

The interior of it makes my Mini look like a Bentley in comparison. :o

God, what have I just watched on youtube... :(

Hey that's not to bad, oh KPH

He is at university today so I have sent him a pleading email not to buy it, we will see what tomorrow brings

I give up

I got your email last night re the car. Already paid the deposit so it's on. also already considered the cars you sent and they would end up costing me more with greater risk of breakdown. I will be putting 120000 miles on a car in 4 years. If I bought a 3k car I would have to buy another in 2 years = 6 k so might as well buy one with a 3 year warranty and less risk of break down. I will have to just spend a bit extra on weekly massages to sort my back out

I'm not normally a nasty, vindictive person.

But I hope he ends up taking his 'reliable' £6k tin shed back to the garage time and time again. Is he getting any options? Looks like the options make it a £7.5k tin shed.

There is no way at all to fully guarantee the purchase of a reliable car.

No tin pot basic lowest spec, no a/c, no elec windows, no central locking nice!

Well here it is, suprisingly good in the snow with the skinny tyres, and not as plasticy as I imagined inside, it has a/c c/l and a CD player, he suprised me today with this golden nugget - total amount repayable £8.5k :eek:

XXS.jpg

XXS1.jpg

At least he has a sense of humour with the number plate :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom