"You want some?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So went out for my evening walk earlier to wind down and get a bit of exercise. Usually cover about 4 miles with a tesco midway to pick up a drink.

Get to the tescos stick my face mask on, quite busy there everyone apart from one guy with a mask, now I'm aware of some of the apparent contradictions around the wearing of face masks but it's pretty clear when it comes to shops. Anyway after doing an internal tut to myself I pick up a drink walk over to the self service and the same guy just beats me to it with one lady in front. Seeing that she has a full basket I decide to switch over to the manned till queue as there was only one person being served. After waiting just a few seconds I get called forward, cue said guy shouting and walking over aggressively, I point out the shop has two different queues. He then gets more aggressive and swears at me, I'm aggressive back and point out he should have a mask on (should probably just have ignored him at that point). He looks me up and down whilst being served, continuing to swear at me and then says "You want some?", I reply with not particularly. To which he says "Well I do, see you soon you ****". Having zero interest in getting in a fight and seeing he's waiting for me outside I ask a member of staff to let me out of the side exit.

I'm still wound up and a bit wtf. I think I mostly did the right thing apart from maybe provoking him back the queue switch was perhaps debatable but he could've done the same.

So GD what would you have done?

Soldato
OP
how did he get outside before you if you were ahead in the queue? :p

Cos he inserted himself in front of me when he came over shouting, I wasn't about to push him out of the way. TBH it was a completely ridiculous situation in hindsight as we each only had one item and as someone pointed out he could've been exempt from wearing a face mask,, so my comeback to his aggression was pretty lame which nearly landed me in trouble.

Just a little surprised so many people are prepared to go full mortal combat over a few cross words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom