YouFibre

Associate
Just had a letter from Netomnia saying their build teams are working in the area, plus seen some vans laying fibre. Can't wait to get off this poor 50mb sky line and move to 1gb line for cheaper than what i am paying.
Is it only youfibre who provide on netomnia networks? I'm in scotland.
You don't have to be exact but are you in the East Lothian area?

Associate
motherwell
i've heard livi is taking months!

i phoned youfibre sales and they said estimated june for my area to be made available provided no issues.

Soldato
Woop! YouFibre has met the needed amount of people to take it up in the area near me and a submission has been made to the local counci lfor them to come in and provide. Got a friend who's just had Gb/Gb installed and he says it's great.

Associate
What does this typically mean timescale wise?

ySVrCK3.png

Is it a Blizzard soon or what?

Soldato
Could be a few months, could be never! :p

In my area they strarted going live in small sections some 4 or 5 months after I saw them digging up the streets. My own street took a year longer than others fairly close by (not a big deal for me since Cityfibre were also building in the area and went live on my street first)

Caporegime
I'm in Livingston and been live with YouFibre since the end of summer last year.
Can you say which part? I’m in Howden and they’re still a mile or more away and don’t seem to be getting any closer. I’ve been checking for a year now!

Associate
What does youfibre sales say when you call them?

I heard if netomnia run into problems with ducting etc during laying of fibre then they shelve any problematic streets and just do the easy access ones.

Soldato
Can you say which part? I’m in Howden and they’re still a mile or more away and don’t seem to be getting any closer. I’ve been checking for a year now!
I'm in Eliburn. I can't believe you're still waiting @MissChief :( I remember talking via DM about it and thought you'd be sorted out by now.....that's rough!

I'd give YouFibre a call or email and see if they have any update? Checking bidb it doesn't look as though the Livingston network build has moved on much since I last looked. Most YouFibre active connections are in Eliburn/Ladywell/Dedridge/Murieston/Livingston Village/Kirkton/Adam Brae which roughly covers about halve of Livingston. Craigshill/Knightsridge/Howden/Pumpherston/Uphall Station don't appear to have any available YouFibre service yet.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm in Eliburn. I can't believe you're still waiting MissChief:( I remember talking via DM about it and thought you'd be sorted out by now.....that's rough!
I’ve had Openreach FTTP announced as coming between now and December 2026 now as well so I’ll likely go with whoever gets here first.

Soldato
I’ve had Openreach FTTP announced as coming between now and December 2026 now as well so I’ll likely go with whoever gets here first.
Hope YouFibre get to you first as you'll get better upload on YouFibre over Openreach FTTP. Potentially that might be the issue as don't Netomnia use Openreach ducts to run their fibre as well?

Associate
I decided to contact Netomnia and ask. They first said by the end of September 2024. Decided to ask again since the email seemed really generic and then it said August 2024. Wanted to see if I could get them to say July on a third try but then they just said by the end of 2024. I don't think even they know.

I'll just keep my eyes peeled for any cabling going on. There was a lot of chamber installation going on months ago but nothing since.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't know if I'm being a little premature but seen a lot of Netomnia vans around lately and our BT poles (already have FTTP) have been strung up with additional fibres and additional CBT's all the way down the street. There's no way they're adding additional capacity as what was there would have already handled it so it definitely looks like an overbuild of some description by at least some other company.

maj

maj

Soldato
I'm trying to get hold of a different router to replace the Eero but keep getting outbid. Would be nice to have the features too since the Eeros are locked down.

Any recommendations for gb/gb? Was just looking at TP Link but will happily consider others.

Associate
I'm trying to get hold of a different router to replace the Eero but keep getting outbid. Would be nice to have the features too since the Eeros are locked down.

Any recommendations for gb/gb? Was just looking at TP Link but will happily consider others.
GL-MT6000 currently £119

I'll be ordering that when my YouFibre goes live. Also pretty decent if YouFibre ever have a good deal on the 2 gb package.

Reactions: maj
Back
Top Bottom