Young Enterprise (Company Programme)

Associate
I remember a couple of people posting about this back in September, and I wanted to know how everyone has gotten on. :)

Well for us, we had a team of around thirty people back in September. When December arrived, we never really went anywhere, were still in the early stages and three-quarters of our group dropped the course because of the lack of progress, leaving myself and five others to run the company. Well to be honest, we haven't been doing as well as we could have, we've spent around 4 months developing our 'new' products (the original idea flopped, and wasn't really flexible), and we only started selling today (I know, and the reports are due in early May I heard). Our aim is now is to sell off our remaining stock and to breakeven by next week. Then I'll have to get the reports and stuff sorted.

To those who have done it, what will you have to do at the end of it? I heard somewhere that you have to do a ten minute presentation or something.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Guys, from the sounds of it, you've all done very well, good job! :)

Unfortunetely, we haven't had an advisor at all, teacher was hardly an influence and we were left to our own accord - which if you combine inexperience with lack of guidance, it's the equation for problems. I'm not sure if we're competing in the regional fields, I honestly have no idea what is going on. Apparently, we have to finalise our reports and everything in two weeks time, will we have to show this to Young Enterprise in our Borough, or do we send it off? Also, will we have to do a presentation in front of the other schools? As honestly, we've been told nothing, and I'm only getting answers from you guys on here.

Associate
OP
spirit said:
Erm you do need to have the reports i think in the richmond&king qualifiers the first presentations were by urself with judges in a closed room, all after that were in front of everyone on stages n stuff (i missed many of the later ones incl. last ones at ritz 'cause of holidays & exams dam further maths :/)

Thanks.

Could you tell me more about the presentation i.e. was it formal with everyone suited up, did you blag it whilst on stage, and have you got any tips or words of advice for the presentation on the whole?

By the way, fantastic product you have there; really unique and creative. And it also went to charity, well done.

Associate
OP
Thanks very much spirit!

About the presentations, will only the winning company's be chosen for the next stage? i.e. the winner of the subregional will go to West London, and if they win, go to.....England etc.

From that article, it seems like you guys were very successful indeed, you must have been real proud. :) One thing for sure though, we certainly won't be setting the world alight... we're currently in negative cashflow, sums it up really. But it's a good learning curve, no real risk involved, there's a lot to take on board and we're going to give it our all.

Thanks for the advice everybody.

Back
Top Bottom