Your 2012 Review :)

Man of Honour
I entered 2012 with a back injury and am leaving it with my back feeling reasonably healthy, it's still not 100% and never will be again but I feel so much better than I did at the start of the year. It's taken me a number of months building it up and to some extent I've possibly been erring too much on the side of caution but I think it has forced me to consider my form a bit more so ultimately will help. I'm now back lifting at or around the maximum I used to do before I injured myself but I feel happier and more comfortable in doing so.

I don't know if there's going to be a goals for 2013 thread but at the moment the inital target is to keep myself reasonably fit, not re-injure myself and enjoy the lifting. Secondary to that would be to get 300kg across the big 3 lifts by June (before I'm 30) and 320kg by the end of the year - it would be an increase of 55kg from what I've done to date but I think it should be achievable if I work at it.

Associate

Pics.....of both :p

My review-moved to Manchester with girlfriend, for job-broke my leg in a motorcycle accident-broke up with girlfriend-lost all motivation to do anything-realised i was wasting time feeling sorry for myself-picked myself back up-joined a gym and began mission to bulk on more muscle mass -bought a new car-met a bunch of new mates in Manc area-never been happier :)

2013 plans-progress further with new gym routine (may need adapting)-find a football team to join-learn to cook healthier meals and cut out the junk microwave meals I've been consuming recently.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ran a full marathon in April and then a half marathon in September from not being able to run more than a mile without stopping 8 months before. (Yes, that is a strange way round of doing it... lol) Due to the running i also lost about 1 and a half stone which was nice too. Look better and feel fitter which is always good. :)

Started lifting heavy weights over the last few months and this year will be concentrating on getting stronger. (Although i also want to keep the ability of being able to run so will keep up the running too..)

Pretty happy with the results to be honest.

Soldato
Is that why you stopped using fitocracy? You spurred me on to keep exercising in the early days with your 1k+ points per day.

Haha... i stopped a long time before that, just took too long to log everything for someone like me who gyms a lot but doesn't do the same routine each time, plus they didn't even have a lot of the lifts i did.

Back
Top Bottom