• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Your 2020 upgrade strategy?

Soldato
Ok we all know Cyberpunk 2077 is coming later this year. There's MS Flight Simulator coming and some interesting stuff in VR.

Are you:

A) Keeping what you've got
B) Upgrading for the new games regardless
C) Only upgrading for 50%+ performance

List current card/resolution/target FPS

------------------------------
C)

I'm on 5700XT/1440P/144Hz

Hoping for 2x 5700XT/1440P/144HZ to really push the settings and frame rate higher.

Soldato
OP
My plan is to just buy whatever I was planning to buy regardless unless there is no stock.

and my tech buying list for 2020 currently is:

* rtx3080ti
* PlayStation 5
* iPhone 12 pro Max

Nice. I really must get myself a better paying job :D If I can rustle up the funds for big Navi I think I'll be set for a while. The Galaxy Note 4 will have to keep on trucking for another year I think.

Soldato
OP
I'm still on a 4690k and GTX970 8GB RAM.

Looking at Zen 3 32GB RAM and the best bang for buck card that will do 4k60 this year for MS Flight Simulator, RDR2, and Cyberpunk as my current setup is struggling with X Plane 11.

Might also upgrade my Note 8.

All games I've got my eye on too. Whatever comes out should push 1440p 144Hz easily. Think I'll wait a couple of more gens for 4K. Seems like it came out a long time ago, hopefully by then microled might be a thing with decent HDR.

Back
Top Bottom