Your experiences with EA Play?

Permabanned
So far... installing Battlefield 5 for the first time through the XBOX App which then opens the Beta EA application... it sucks is my first impression so far.

I originally aimed my download towards my H drive which is an 8TB WD RED drive... clicked OK, waiting on my download.
Low and behold I get a warning that there is not enough space during the download... turns out it was downloading to my 120GB C drive.

For those who know.. you cannot download any game to a drive with not enough space, the software will warn you, once directed to the H drive though it did it's own thing.

Untitled3.png

Here you can see the download paused it's self in the XBOX app, which is not the XBOX App's fault, it did have a disk space warning on EA Play.
You can see I already have successful installations on the XBOX App on other SSD's (2 1TB drives which also house Steam & GOG games)
Untitled.png

Here the EA App is so rubbish to use, clicking "..." just gives you "Paused".

Expecting more control over the software is likely too much and will not be given, heck I think even Origin was better than this, I remember not having this issue. So I manually cut and pasted the downloaded game contents to the original folder on the H drive I had already created totaling 42GB so far.

Untitled2.png

I have started the download again aiming EA Play at the H drive and the folder named Battlefield V which is inside "EA Games".

I am lucky in that the software resumes the download.

Untitled4.png

Soldato
So far... installing Battlefield 5 for the first time through the XBOX App which then opens the Beta EA application... it sucks is my first impression so far.

I originally aimed my download towards my H drive which is an 8TB WD RED drive... clicked OK, waiting on my download.
Low and behold I get a warning that there is not enough space during the download... turns out it was downloading to my 120GB C drive.

For those who know.. you cannot download any game to a drive with not enough space, the software will warn you, once directed to the H drive though it did it's own thing.

Untitled3.png

Here you can see the download paused it's self in the XBOX app, which is not the XBOX App's fault, it did have a disk space warning on EA Play.
You can see I already have successful installations on the XBOX App on other SSD's (2 1TB drives which also house Steam & GOG games)
Untitled.png

Here the EA App is so rubbish to use, clicking "..." just gives you "Paused".

Expecting more control over the software is likely too much and will not be given, heck I think even Origin was better than this, I remember not having this issue. So I manually cut and pasted the downloaded game contents to the original folder on the H drive I had already created totaling 42GB so far.

Untitled2.png

I have started the download again aiming EA Play at the H drive and the folder named Battlefield V which is inside "EA Games".

I am lucky in that the software resumes the download.

Untitled4.png
Ea play is a beta
Ea as a company is alpha state

Not had any issues with directing downloads to various ssds got games across 4 ssds.

But to be honest ea is not even a good enough company to be on xbox game pass they don't reach even indie standards anymore.

To be totally honest ea need to be in fear of going under to give them a wake up call.

Permabanned
OP
Ea play is a beta
Ea as a company is alpha state

Not had any issues with directing downloads to various ssds got games across 4 ssds.

But to be honest ea is not even a good enough company to be on xbox game pass they don't reach even indie standards anymore.

To be totally honest ea need to be in fear of going under to give them a wake up call.

I completely agree.

Permabanned
OP
I wish to update the thread just letting folks know that you can set a default download location which should hopefully circumvent the problem, this I had to do after trying to install another game to the H drive and upon selecting "change" it would throw an error.

I installed EA Play to Drive H and changed the defaults.

Untitled.png

Permabanned
OP
More shenanigans..

Reinstalled Windows 11 for a stability issue with the GPU / monitor.

Went to grab the files that EA Play already installed and it just goes to the C drive...

Recorded it this time...

Caporegime
It's been a while but I'm pretty sure you don't have to go anywhere near the XBox app to use EA Play with Game Pass Ultimate. Once you've done the initial account linking, I think you can just do all the installations using the EA Play client. See if that works better or not.

Back
Top Bottom