Your Favourite MP3 Software

Soldato
With the ability to stream music from Pandora, Google, and Amazon (et. al.) and stream music videos from YouTube, I completely lost track of the library on my PC. Years ago, I ripped all my CDs and converted all my vinyl and cassettes -- which took a lot of time -- and have a wonderful old collection of MP3s on my PC. Yes, I still keep the originals in boxes for ownership reasons. :)

I have one 100-cassette rack under my desk because it's just a convenient place to keep it, usually out of the way of anything and well-hidden. Today, my 125 lb. Rottweiler puppy got a little rambunctious and knocked it over, leaving a pile of cassettes on my feet. In the process of putting them back in the rack, I was reminded of some old music and wondered if I still had it on my PC.

I plugged away at a few of the tracks using WMP and VLC, and began to wonder if there was any newer (free) software out there for playback.

I did a search on these forums but all the threads are really old now. So I'm looking for opinions on your current favourite MP3 playback software / library manager. Does anyone still use this media?

Back
Top Bottom