Your Favourite Restaurants

daz

daz

Soldato
As cheap places go I used to enjoy Wahaca in Covent Garden... can't get in there most of the time any more though ... there's a queue coming out of the door for a table most nights of the week. :(

Soldato
In Coulsdon there is La Scarpetta. An Italian with great food and service and we like it a lot. We also like Smiths of Smithfield in London. Again, great food and service. Food can be either reasonable (£35-40) each for 3 courses+drink or expensive (£80+ per person) depending on what floor you go to. But the food is incredible on the expensive floor.

Very close to my surname that. People call me little shoe sometimes to annoy me. In Bath I love Martini Ristorante, they have also been very good to my family when sadly two members passed away.

Soldato
We love eating out and do it as often as we can afford. Aside from the usual chain restaurants like Nandos, GBK and Wagamama, there is a great Tapas bar called Bar 191 near Wimbledon that is lovely, and Nazmins in Earlsfield is fantastic for Curry. As for more expensive restaurants, we’re also fans of Gaucho for the Argentinian steak, and Launceston Place in Kensington. To top it off, somewhere we couldn’t afford to eat very often, is Le Gavroche which is where we had the most amazing food experience. I think it even topped Le Manoir Aux Quat’Saisons.

daz

daz

Soldato
Do you ever get fish and chips from the Sea Cow in Dulwich Freefaller? Used to enjoy that a few years back getting tuna and other fish etc instead of the usual cod.

Soldato
-clipped-!

Thanks for that. I more or less agree - the quality of food now compared to 15 years ago is a stark contrast. I didn't rate France when I've been over there in the past... at least I didn't experience an earth shattering difference, I'm not saying it was bad or poor, I'm just saying it wasn't the difference stereotypes had led me to expect.

Associate
We try and go for a nice meal once or twice a month, but less so at the moment as we are saving for a new house.

Local favourites are:

Jade Palace in Windsor £12.00 all you can eat Chinese that isn't the buffet style way of eating that you normally get with all you can eat.

Viceroy in Windsor. Really good Indian food and they are always winning local foodie awards.

Used to absolutely adore the BBQ ribs served at Blubeckers in Twyford, however since they have been taken over and have changed the recipe I haven't been back :mad:

I really do not rate Jamie’s in Reading. Whilst the food it ok it really isn't very good value for money.

Further a field the best steak I've had by a country mile was the NY Strip Steak Flight served in Switch at the Encore in Las Vegas. I'd go back to Las Vegas just for this steak to be honest.

Places I want to try this year.

The Fat Duck in Bray, it’s only down the road and I've never been.

Temble Money in Slough, supposedly quite a good Indian restaurant. Though there are a couple of bad reviews floating around on the internet. Including one which rates it poorly because it only serves Indian food and the reviewer states he does not like Indian food :D

daz

daz

Soldato
I've driven past it many times - is it good? I like the options of other fish, sounds really good! Have you tried Olleys Fish & Chips in Herne Hill?

Haven't tried that - I moved out of the Camberwell/Dulwich area in 2007 :eek:

Definitely give the Sea Cow a try though :) I would hope with Hugh's Fish Fight, they might have even expanded past their usual range of fish even further, which would be very cool.

Back
Top Bottom