Your favourite supplements

Soldato
I've started training again after a few years break from the iron game. Muscle memory filled me back out nicely, now I want to throw a few supplements in.

Problem is, there is so many brands to choose from. Years ago, a mate of mine worked for Prolab and I got all my stuff for free and never had to shop around, I just used what I was given. I had a look at Prolab gear and it's not the exactly the cheapest about. So, I was wondering, what brand of supplements do you use? Also, what exactly are you using and how is it working for you?

I was just going to get some Glutamine and a whey powder. In the past I found these two to be the best combination.

I actually stumbled upon a company called Reflex who's supplements seems fairly cheap, I just wonder exactly how 'cheap' that supplements are. Any experience with them?

Lasly, no lectures on 'eat food rather than supplements'. I'm on more oats, chicken, fish and vegtables a day than most. I only want this stuff for what they are. Supplements to an already good diet.

I've just ordered 500g Glutamine from Reflex and a 2.2kg tub of whey from PHD nutrition.

I see you live in Hampstead Oddjob, whereabouts do you train? I live 5min from the O2 centre so I imagine it's close to you. I've been to LA Fitness in Golders (too busy), Esporta at the O2 (not worth the money) and now just joined at Genesis Gym in Alperton.

Yeah, im gonna be in Cockfosters a lot for the next few months, was tempted to join genesis for a bit, but it works out too far!!
will stay in the gallery in windsor where i will be staying.

Same, about ten miles from me but I will make the effort three times a week. I'm really into this now and need the gym and atmosphere to jack up intensity a notch.

Do you guys buy your meats in bulk or just the Tesco/Asda/JS stuff on special? I'm thinking of heading down to Smithfields and getting some chicken breasts, turkey and steaks. Constantly buying chicken breasts from the supermarkets are getting pricey now. I notice on the Myprotein forum they have price watch threads and mention all specials in there.

creatine exists to give you an extra half rep, maybe a whole rep. No more no less. Thats not to knock it. At a good level of lifting that whole rep, or partial, could be the extra 1% needed for that growth to come or to break that record!

But in your average trainee, drug free and at a mediocre level, creatine will be naught but a placebo

And for all the people that saw real gains and real increases in strength from using creatine? I add myself in the category.

Yes and I've given you some of my favourites too. So don't get all melodramatic on me :)

If you read it as being melodramatic, that's your problem, I wasn't being.
Supplements only 'supplement' my diet where and when I cannot eat my six meals a day. For instance, if I have all day site visits, client visits or 4 hour meetings the suits love so much, I can just chug down a protein shake with a scoop of glutamine to tie me over to my next solid meal.

Back
Top Bottom