Your Gaming TV!

Caporegime
Tauren;30486557 said:
My dad has the Sonos sound bar. It literally sounds like there is a gun fight going on in the lounge when he's watching an action film

Sonos Pros:

Wireless

Sonos Cons:

Expensive
Poorer quality than equivalent wired setups
Limited inputs and supported formats

It's the only choice if you want wireless and/or multi room setups however if you don't then avoid.

Soldato
With regards to my warranty question on the previous page, I decided to email currys anyway to be sure. There was an issue when my order went through meaning that the warranty wasn't activated on purchase that's why I didn't receive the email at the time. So they rang back and went through that and assured me it's now in place

Soldato
Well i have it and im in love. Its lovely and the games on my PS4 PRO using HDR are lovely. Aslo my Xbox One too, especially Battlefield, just amazing. Im not sure what 4K and HDR is? but im using HDR as it seems to be the best of the 2. I know 4K is a high resolution of course. Only down side was theres no headphone output for a mini jack. Just digital optical. But no bother i'll just buy a headset for my PS4. I already have one for my xbox. for the Ps4 i was using a wireless headphones number. But apart from that moan its killer.

Associate
Am I the only cheapskate on here the bought the Seiki 60" TV on black Friday and absolutely love it for gaming?

It's obviously no 4K panel, has no HDR or smart functions and the sound is downright diabolical.

But for £365 it doesn't need any of the above..

I game exclusively on PS4 and over Steam link, both via controller and I experience no input lag whatsoever!

I can't even imagine how happy I would be with anything half decent.. ;)

Caporegime
Am I the only cheapskate on here the bought the Seiki 60" TV on black Friday and absolutely love it for gaming?

It's obviously no 4K panel, has no HDR or smart functions and the sound is downright diabolical.

But for £365 it doesn't need any of the above..

I game exclusively on PS4 and over Steam link, both via controller and I experience no input lag whatsoever!

I can't even imagine how happy I would be with anything half decent.. ;)

But your PQ must give you cataracts

Caporegime
Not at all, I actually think it's superb..

Depends on what your used to.

Some peoples favourite food is McDonalds for instance whereas others haven't stepped inside one because they see it as junk food.

After having a proper 5.1 seperates system with a half decent yamaha AVR and Monitor Audio seperates I could never go back to just a soundbar. However Others think their soundbar sounds amazing.

Associate
Depends on what your used to.

Some peoples favourite food is McDonalds for instance whereas others haven't stepped inside one because they see it as junk food.

After having a proper 5.1 seperates system with a half decent yamaha AVR and Monitor Audio seperates I could never go back to just a soundbar. However Others think their soundbar sounds amazing.

I do understand what you are saying. I also have an AV receiver with 5.1 and while it didn't set me back thousends of pounds, it is decent.

I have never had first hand experience with any top of the line TV's so I honestly can not say whether I am missing anything..

Caporegime
I do understand what you are saying. I also have an AV receiver with 5.1 and while it didn't set me back thousends of pounds, it is decent.

I have never had first hand experience with any top of the line TV's so I honestly can not say whether I am missing anything..

ignorance is bliss and all

I have a friend who's dad is always adamant his tv is the best just because he paid like £4K for it 20 years ago. It's not even HD.

I showed him my HD plasma and then he rushed out and bought a new tv for like £2.5K and is now adamant it's the best he has seen. It's not even OLED.

The cycle now continues that I now have a 4K HDR tv and now he wants 4K too albeit stating constantly his tv is the best he has ever seen. He recently got SONOS and now thinks that anything non SONOS is crap.

Quality all depends on what your used to. If your used to top of the line gear then you will only enjoy top of the line gear. If all you have bought is £300 tv's out of ASDA / TESCO and not seen anything better then you will think they are amazing.

Associate
ignorance is bliss and all

I have a friend who's dad is always adamant his tv is the best just because he paid like £4K for it 20 years ago. It's not even HD.

I showed him my HD plasma and then he rushed out and bought a new tv for like £2.5K and is now adamant it's the best he has seen. It's not even OLED.

The cycle now continues that I now have a 4K HDR tv and now he wants 4K too albeit stating constantly his tv is the best he has ever seen. He recently got SONOS and now thinks that anything non SONOS is crap.

Quality all depends on what your used to. If your used to top of the line gear then you will only enjoy top of the line gear. If all you have bought is £300 tv's out of ASDA / TESCO and not seen anything better then you will think they are amazing.

Well, looking at how it turned out for your friends dad, I'm definitely never coming over to have a look at yours!

Caporegime
I have a £350 50" 1080p Panasonic and a second hand 5.1 Blu-ray cinema system (Samsung HT-F5500) which cost £80.

PS4 looks good on it but a little disappointed with screen uniformity for a branded screen.

Back
Top Bottom