Your Gaming TV!

V F

V F

Soldato
ignorance is bliss and all

I have a friend who's dad is always adamant his tv is the best just because he paid like £4K for it 20 years ago. It's not even HD.

I showed him my HD plasma and then he rushed out and bought a new tv for like £2.5K and is now adamant it's the best he has seen. It's not even OLED.

The cycle now continues that I now have a 4K HDR tv and now he wants 4K too albeit stating constantly his tv is the best he has ever seen. He recently got SONOS and now thinks that anything non SONOS is crap.

Quality all depends on what your used to. If your used to top of the line gear then you will only enjoy top of the line gear. If all you have bought is £300 tv's out of ASDA / TESCO and not seen anything better then you will think they are amazing.

A lot of tact I see.

Caporegime
Well I got the LG OLED65C6V, must say it is amazing but for 3k it should be! Not worth 3k but is worth around £1500 if anyone is wondering... :)

law of diminishing returns. it's the same with headphones, speakers and even pc's.

a pair of £200 headphones sound nearly just as good as a £20,000 pair of headphones. makes you wonder why anyone would buy the £20K headphones but if you want the best you need to pay the hefty premium associated with it.

This wasn't always true with TV's though when Plasma was king and coming to it's end. You could pick up a top of the range plasma for 1/3rd of the price of the top LCD's in there last 2-3 years. So some people were paying 2 times more for inferior tv's.

Soldato
OP
law of diminishing returns. it's the same with headphones, speakers and even pc's.

a pair of £200 headphones sound nearly just as good as a £20,000 pair of headphones. makes you wonder why anyone would buy the £20K headphones but if you want the best you need to pay the hefty premium associated with it.

This wasn't always true with TV's though when Plasma was king and coming to it's end. You could pick up a top of the range plasma for 1/3rd of the price of the top LCD's in there last 2-3 years. So some people were paying 2 times more for inferior tv's.

Agreed. It is the best picture available and you do expect to pay the extra, but for the improvements it makes I don't think it is value for money. Yeah the latest versions of plasma were awesome value in the end, LCD was simply poor tech TV wise compared to plasma.

Soldato
Has anyone had issues with the KS7000 auto switching TV channel to a different channel? Since setting up my Switch if it's in sleep mode whenever I'm playing the PS4Pro it just randomly changes to the Switch even though it's off -:/

Caporegime
Has anyone had issues with the KS7000 auto switching TV channel to a different channel? Since setting up my Switch if it's in sleep mode whenever I'm playing the PS4Pro it just randomly changes to the Switch even though it's off -:/

Have you gone in to the settings on the switch and disabled the bit that ties it to the TVs power state?

Soldato

does it on mine, and seen other report the same on the samsung forums, seems tv needs firmware upgrade

Associate
I've got a LG OLED65B6V 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD with HDR OLED TV in Black and it's caused me no end of issues trying to get a setup I'm happy with for streaming without reducing my own playing quality.

Soldato
Picked up this late last night;

mfnUXDkl.jpg.png

qA9ulMRl.jpg.png

Bought it from Argos for £450.00 (£499 with a 10% TV10 code). It's shot up in price over night;

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5389805

Very pleased with the screen, the ambient lighting is actually really great and doesn't feel like a gimmick. The operating system, Android TV, is very smooth and there's no delay in response.

I've yet to play any 4K games but 4K YouTube and NetFlix are nothing short of phenomenal.

Edit, another one of Zelda, but in daylight;

6XbRqoFl.jpg.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks a good TV for the money the Philips set above , would love some updates as you use it a bit more :)

Thanks buddy, I'm pretty chuffed with it.

There's some light bleeding at the top left corner and around the edges but a lot better than the Sony light bleed I had, from the KD55XD8599 model (which I returned). It's annoying me because I know it's there, but my girlfriend says she isn't bothered by it.

I'll try and take a photo of it later and show, but for £450.00, and the fact light bleed is pretty ubiquitous, I've probably just got to live with it.

Anyway, turned RGB to limited on the Switch and played with the colour and contrast settings to try and rid the washed out look. Came out like this;

A6lSwH0h.jpg.png

Associate
Im nowhere near in the same league as most of you guys TV wise.
But after a TV that i can have in my bedroom just for my Nintendo Switch
Was reluctant to go 32" but the Technika 32G22B-FHD from Tesco for £169 seems a good compromise without breaking the bank

Soldato
What tv you come from? Impressed with that for £450 when I otherwise might be spending around £1k! For 55" /65"

I upgraded initially from a 5 year old 46" 1080p Sony Bravia panel, that I was stupid to get rid of in a lot of ways, and upgraded to a 55" Sony Bravia 4k set which had bad light bleed (I think there are photos in this thread, actually). That's one half of the reason I sent it back, the other half was that it was an 8bit+ panel and not a full 10bit, and it was sold to me by the "expert" at Currys.

Unfortunately I'd already sold my old Bravia to a friend and was stuck with a 32" Toshiba for a short time until I opted for the KS7000, which was delivered faulty.

I've been rocking the Toshiba since and to be fair it's been an alright TV for what it's worth, but when I saw the Phillips deal the other day and figured I'd just go for it.

It's certainly worth it for the money, but this set does still have light bleed. I'm wondering if it's the sort of thing I can be bothered to live with, or if I should just send it back and try another?

Some shots here;

er10C0Ph.jpg.png

sSWFuBRh.jpg.png

hqGyEjuh.jpg.png

Thoughts welcome...

It's worse in the top left corner (in films, it's all I can see).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom