Your iPod Touch Order & Shipping

Soldato
Don't they have any models in a store near you?

They had plenty in Cardiff a week or so ago.. not sure they'd be issue-free, but then, no one can guarantee the same if it comes from Apple I suppose.

I tried the stores in Manchester and the guy said "we got some in over the weekend and they sold out within the hour" and he couldn't say when they would have more stock in. I've placed my order with the rainforest store and estimated delivery is Thursday.

Hopefully it wont be from the dodgy batch but its quite simple to return.

Associate
Had a wander around town with a mate, and seen many iPod touches for sale, every place that sold electrical gear had them in. Poor show for people who are ordering off apple to be outdone by shops.

Soldato
We want pics.

I just took two pics but they arent post-worthy unless you wanna see fingerprint smudges in full 8 megapixel glory. :D

edit - what the hell. I'll spare you the high resolution though. The box it came in was a lot smaller than I was expecting.

p1010233ng1.jpg

p1010234hb2.jpg

Overall I think its great. Not perfect, but closer than any other gadget I've bought. I'm so glad I paid the extra 70 quid over an 8GB Nano.

Last edited:
Soldato
My 16gb iPod Touch is sitting at home. Waiting for me. (I'm at Uni currently) :(

Nice of the Royal Mail to leave it sitting outside my front door.

Associate
£170 from elsewhere for the 8GB version is mighty tempting.... should I? Kinda interested in jailbreaking it and see what else is in store for it...

Soldato
Just put an invisible sheild on my Touch.

By far, one of the most unpleasant experiences ever. Bubbles, hairs and fingerprints on a device that I'm not even allowed to turn on yet. :( (according to the invisible sheild guide)

Soldato
Dont know if I posted it in this thread or another one but the first thing I did with my Touch is chuck it about a bit. Has a hairline scratch on the back and now I'll actually get on with using it rather than worry about it getting damaged.

Soldato
Dont know if I posted it in this thread or another one but the first thing I did with my Touch is chuck it about a bit. Has a hairline scratch on the back and now I'll actually get on with using it rather than worry about it getting damaged.

You did mention it.

I fiddled so much with that shield it was ridiculous. Re-applied the back there. I want to just use it and get used to using it - but I can't bring myself to do it. :(

Soldato
Just had to start using it - nevermind the 24 hour rule!

Absolutely amazing. Without sounding like a fanboy, only Apple could make a product look and feel this good.

Soldato
Yeah it is pretty slick. One of the surprising things I found is that I'm actually using it to look at my photos. I uploaded my Australia pictures to it - just to try it out - and I find myself occasionally looking back at them reminiscing. Its just something I very rarely did on my computer but its so convenient on the Touch and the screen is big enough to enjoy them.

Soldato
Photos is an odd one. I can't imagine there was a huge demand for Photos on an iPod, but obviously it was easier added into as a bonus, compared to videos. I had an iPod Photo 20gb and I don't think I ever had one Photo on it. It may change with the Touch though, given the wallpapers and pinching.

I'm a bit disappointed by the Wi-Fi of the Touch. I've only got round to getting it to work once and that was joining an open network around my house. I've tried at home to sync it to my network and it gets accepted (mac address added and keypass entered) and reads the signal - but it 'can't find the server'.

I had a look at some help threads and something about adding DNS numbers, assigning IP addresses and so on - just seems very "un-Apple". I can't access my home network (yet) nor my University network which requires a username and password (and I'm only prompted for the latter).

Soldato
Yeah, I could have had photos on my nano but it was next to pointless.

My Wifi on the touch failed to connect first time but it was okay since. Browsing websites is okay, but YouTube is dog slow. Im not sure why but it seems to be slow on my MacBook too.

What encryption are you using on your home network?

Back
Top Bottom