Your life in their hands!

Capodecina
Soldato
The new Prime Minister will be chosen from a shortlist of two (who are themselves selected by 313 Tories) by some 124,000 Tory party members.

I wonder how representative of the electorate these 124,000 are?
  • How many are male?
  • How many are past retirement age?
  • How many come from ethnic minorities?
  • How many are on zero hours contracts at minimum wage?
  • How many survive on handouts from food banks?
  • How many don't own one or more houses?

And these right-wing scumbags claim that they only wish to respect democracy :rolleyes:

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
There is talk of a televised debate between the contenders - WHY? It is allegedly an internal party political contest with no possible wider national interest.

If it goes ahead, it is going to be interesting to see how Bonker Boris and Wormtongue Gove deal with one another ;)

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
The point here is that the Prime Minister for Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England should not (in my humble opinion) be selected by some 124,000 people drawn from a very limited and entirely unrepresentative section of society - particularly at this time.

We need a second Referendum followed by a General Election.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Our elected leaders should be chosen on the basis of qualification . . .
My first thought on reading this is encapsulated by #LedByDonkeys (Google it, the Guardian had a recent expose on it).

However . . . to pursue your assertion, I started this thread as a result of irritation that the next Prime Minister for Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England should not be selected by some 124,000 people drawn from a very limited and entirely unrepresentative section of society. You appear to make the wild, unsubstantiated assumption that any of the MPs on offer or any significant number of the 124,000 Tory Party members have a worthwhile qualification.

Whatever, this process is in no way "Democratic" which the Brexiteers claim to be so very, very important.

Back
Top Bottom