Your opinions please (bluetooth related).

Associate
I've got an Acer Ferrari 4005 laptop with some bluetooth issues. Whenever I try and enable the bluetooth using the button on the front I get the following error:

"One of the USB devices attache to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognise it. For assistance in solbing this problem, click this message."

All that shows up in device manager is an "Unknown device".

Occansionally it will detect the bluetooth device and install the drivers and work a couple of times and then the error comes back. I've tried just using the MS bluetooth drivers and the Widcomm ones for the device but ultimately end up in the same ever decreasing circle. I can't get the widcomm drivers installed unless Windblows sees the bluetooth device, which of course it doesn't.

I've had it sent to back to Acer under warranty, fortunately the repair centre is a 25 minute drive away, so I can always go there and chuck it through their window;), but they couldn't find the fault, or didn't look hard enough depending on which way you look at it.

I'm tempted to throw this back in Acers direction and insist they replace the bluetooth device as the fault is ultimately intermittent. Before I do this I would like to try and completely remove the bluetooth driver stack and try and reinstall it. This same error comes up on repeated fresh windows installs btw.

Opinions appreciated. Flakey drivers or borked device?

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom